143 - Prepare For War

Xyder Zephyr - POV;

"Ever since the spectacular displays of the Quarter-finals you all have been eagerly anticipating this day. Well it's here, ladies and gentlemen, the semi-finals of our tournament begin today!"

The crowds lit up at the announcemen and their cheers grew exponentially as the remaining clans entered the arena: Astra, Blaze, Fenix and of course, Zephyr.

"You are all aware of our proceeding so without further ado, the matchups for today shall be chosen randomly from our four contesting teams! Due to unforseen circumstances, our sponsor representative is absent today however, gracing us with his esteemed presence to replace them in this ceremony is none other than the Great Fifth King of the World Heirarchy, Lord Versailles!"

Versailles took to the centre stage, waving to the clamoring crowds. A young girl appeared beside him and I immediately recognised her as Crystal Angus, our assigned official in the tournament.

"Our draw today shall be to determine the first match of the day, meaning the remaining teams will battle in the second," the announcer clarified.

Versailles reached into the bag and raising the paper above his head, he announced, "Team Fenix!"

Crystal followed suit and picked one of the teams at random. Unraveling the page she read it to herself first. Everyone sat on the tip of their seats while we, the Clan's Teams, listened anxiously for the announcement.

"Team Astra!" she declared.

"Match 1: Astra versus Fenix! Hence this leaves us with; Match 2: Zephyr versus Blaze!"

****
"I knew there was a chance but I never expected us to be facing Blaze already," Dagan remarked as the nine of us walked out of the Coliseum. Preparations were being made inside for the battle between Astra and Fenix but we didn't have the luxury of sitting about idly to watch the fight. We had much to set into motion to ensure our allies' safety before we crossed swords with Blaze that evening. Failure to have everything done successfully would certainly mean our defeat.

"If I'm to be honest, part of me truly believed that we would battle Blaze in the finals but alas, real life isn't so convenient. We can't afford to waste any time. We need to begin what we've been discussing over the past three days. This is our only chance at winning. Losing here is not an option," I told them.

"Then let's go over it all one last time!" Evie lit up.

"Yes, let's. It'll help us keep it fresh in our minds," Zeliel agreed as he met up with us.

"Okay, one more time. We're splitting into two teams: one with Evelynn, Satella, Jaqueline, Sorine and I while the other consists of Dagan, Storm, Zeliel, Winter and Celes. Our mission starts now, on the morning of our battle against Blaze," I muttered.

"It's good that we got the second match. That gives us alot of time to prepare," Evie added.

"Yes. The stars are in our favour it seems. Anyway, it is critical that we waited for today to act because of two important factors. These are that Blaze's focus will be shifted towards the battle to be held today and this would also give Blaze no time to plan a new sick plot to blackmail us. However, there is an obvious disadvantage of this plan. Five of us, my team, will be forced to stay here in Fenix City for the upcoming battle. There are a number of things required of us by the tournament officials before the match begins and if we were suddenly missing, Blaze would grow suspicious. We can't afford to clue them in on this. We need to act swiftly and secretly. You five, the recovery team, will leave Fenix City and Zeliel will guide you all back to Emiko who is staking out at the base. Once you're there, the six of you will infiltrate their headquarters steathily retrieve our allies. If push comes to shove, then you may use  brute force to fight against them but try to keep that as a last resort. When you have successfully saved them, all of you will come back to Fenix City and meet up with my team. Then it will be up to us to bring down Blaze fair and square. In a battle witnessed by the masses, Blaze shall fall and Zephyr shall reign victorius!"

My friends all cheered in excitement as we hurried through the streets.

"Three cheers for Zephyr!" Evie squealed.

"Hip, hip, hooray!"

"Hip, hip, hooray!"

"Hip, hip, hooray!"

The others cried out in unison, our adrenaline peaking our excitement.

"You guys see them off. There's just one more thing I have to look into," I told Evelynn and the rest of my team, "Just you wait Blaze. I'm coming for you!

****
Duran Blaze - POV;

"Duran, they are all ready. I've finished my business here so I'm heading back to our place," Rex announced to me as he met me in the reserved quarters of the stadium.

"Of course, Rex. You are very much needed over there. We could never leave the protection if that place up to those weaklings. Especially not at a time like this. You are free to leave. Oh but Rex, when you are leaving, if you happen to see that child of mine, let it be known that I shall be making a call. We have more than a few things to discuss," I told him. Just then, my phone rang out as I received a message from one of my affiliates. I looked down at the device and a broad smile crossed my face.

"Just a second," I called to my right hand man as he was leaving, "Bare your teeth yet Cerberus, this battle may not be over yet."

"Yes, my Lord," he grinned, closing the door behind him.

"This is your last chance to make a move. Let us see what you will do. Today will show me if you possess an ounce of his blood... if you truly are his son. Come, show me what you are capable of Xyder Zephyr," I laughed as I looked down at the Arena below where Fenix and Astra took to the field in order to begin their match.

****
Indira Astra - POV;

"Hoo, boy. Look at thise curves! You know, I always did think that you looked sexy Indira Astra," Zacharias Fenix called out from their side of the field, "Why waste your time with that trash, Xyder Zephyr. If you want power, look no further. When we win this tournament and I take over from pops, I'll be the King of the world!"

"Yeah, yeah. Why don't you do all of us a favor and feed your tiny dick to a fire. It'll do alot more for that than it would do for any woman," I flipped my hair at him dismissively.

"Oi, the fuck did you say cow?!" he snapped.

"I'd rather marry a goat than acknowledge a worthless flab of flesh like you," I stated bluntly.

"Oh ho ho, you asked for it asshole. Don't think you can mouth off because you're just a little pretty," he grumbled, cracking his knuckles and entering a battle stance.

"Finally done talking out your ass? Thank God," I sighed adopting my own pose.

"Match start!" the announcer blared as Zacharias and I launched towards each other.