Retaliation by Rishab

It's early dawn and standing at the balcony of the apartment, is Rishab. He has not slept the whole night. This has become a routine for him now. He thinks about what will happen this day. The most important one in his life. In the past few days, a lot of things has happened in his life. Today he has his father standing with him but his love, Khushi is away from him.

Khushi didn't listen to him that day. She thought Rishab will not marry him ever. Khushi thought, Ritika might be wrong about him going back to her. But may be she was right about his fear of commitment. She actually knew him well as she had spoken about his habits so acurately. Rishab had tried his best to explain the situation to her. But she was angry, hurt and so adamant not to listen to him. She had packed her bags the very second and without listening to anyone made the decision to return back to Kasauli with her father.

Rishab's temper started to rise as Khushi was getting stubborn and was not listening to him. She kept on saying," Maine nahi rehna hai yahan. I can't beg you to marry me. I will go back with baba. I will not stay here anymore. I don't want to listen to your excuses..maine nahi rehna yahan.." In his rage, Rishab had said," Listen Khushi, I wanted you to go to Kasauli for a reason. But if you are so adamant about not listening to me, then fine go. I am done explaining to you. If you believe that I am scared of commitment and that I don't want to marry you then fine keep believing whatever you want. Rishab Khurana doesn't like giving explanation to anybody. I love you but that doesn't mean I will always tolerate your this kind of behaviour towards me. You want to go then just go from here." He had left the house instantly without meeting his Dadi or Khushi's father.

Akhilesh Khurana had talked to Maheshji, explaining everything about the situation. As a worrying father, he had instantly got ready to take Khushi back home the very morning. Nothing mattered more than the life of his daughter. Both Akhileshji and Dadi had tried to make Khushi aware of the problem here. But she had kept crying and blaming Rishab for everything. Finally they had given up and Maheshji assured to make her understand everything later when she calms down.

It has been five days since Khushi had left. She had called last night and Rishab had cut the call in anger. He however could not stop himself from hearing her voice and so had picked it up after she had repeatedly called him. Khushi had said in a childish tone,"Kullu abhi bhi gussa ho?" Rishab had remained quite. Khushi knew he was angry so she had kept persuading him to talk to her. She had said," I am sorry. I got scared of losing you so I reacted that way. You know mein tumhe leke kitni possessive hun. I wanted to be with you always. But when I heard that you didn't want to marry me and wanted me to go to Kasauli, I got mad. Mera dimag jal raha tha. Baba explained everything to me later. And Arti di had told me about you and that Ritika vamp." Rishab still kept quite, trying not to react at her. Khushi continued,"Please na yaar, forget it. So much attitude, baat nahi karoge. Rishab. Please say something."

Rishab had finally said," Please Khushi. You don't need to talk to me anymore. You always believe others over me. When I had come to talk to you, you didn't even listen to me. Now when your father and Arti explained, you called me. Please sweetheart, I am done. I don't have the patience or strength to keep on explaining you every time you have doubts." Khushi had said," Please Rishab. You know I can't live without you. I am thinking all time about you." Rishab had replied,"You don't need to think about me Khushi. You stay there and let me live here alone. Don't waste your time for a person like me. You were right about me. I am the most dishonest person. I still love Ritika, I will go back to her. I never loved you, I was just using you till now. I never intended to marry you as I am scared of commitment. Happy. " Khushi had tears by now,she says slowly," Ayesa kyun bol rahe ho. You know how much I love you." Rishab had given a smirk and said," Yeah, I have seen that. Please darling, I don't want to talk to you now. Stop calling me." Rishab hangs up the phone and tears had escaped from his eyes. He knew he had hurt her, but he was even more hurt. How could she believe such things and had not even listened to him . He had to vent his anger somehow but then it had pained him even more than he could have imagined.