Chapter 2

Rishab enters the office and people working there wish him good morning. His assistant Anchal follows behind him and enters his room. Anchal,"Good morning Rishab." Rishab,"Good morning, whats the schedule for today?" Anchal,"You have the meeting now. Then you have the meeting with the financer at 11. You will meet Dr. Kohli at lunch. You have a conference call at 4pm." Rishab,"Where is Sanjana?" Anchal,"She is in her cabin. Should I call every one for the meeting now?" Rishab after a pause,"Hmm, yes. I 'll be there in 5 minutes." Anchal leaves the room. Rishab is still thinking about Ritika. He shakes his head and goes to the conference room.

Here Sanjana, Marketing Head and Rishab's good friend, Rahul, Book editor, and others are waiting. They start the meeting with the information on their latest book 'Never leave me my love' by Ranvir Malhotra. Sanjana says,"As we estimated the book is doing exceptionally well. It has been toping the charts as best seller by the Times. I have been asked by media regarding the next novel by Ranvir." Rishab is absent minded does not say anything. Sanjana,"Rishab are you okay?" Rishab coming back to senses says, "Yes i m fine. Its good news. I 'll let Ranvir know about that." They then discuss about the figures about the novels released. They discuss about other books in the pipeline. The status of editing of the books, finances etc. are then discussed.

Rahul then says,"I have received a number of applications for internships. I have shortlisted few. Will you check them?" Rishab,"No need you take care of that. Send them mails to join by the first of the coming month. Anything else...Then that will be all." Every one except Rishab and Sanjay leave the conference room. Sanjana,"Rishab you seem distracted is everything alright?" Rishab,"Nothing just Dadi had called me in the morning and asked me to think about marriage. Mein unhe manna nahi kar sakta but I can't just marry anyone now." Sanjana,"Rishab, you have to find someone to get settled in life. No one is asking you to marry a stranger but unless you meet someone how will you know them. As you will talk, spend time with somebody, you will eventually start liking her. This is how one falls in love and then marry. I have so many friends you will surely like. I can find.." Rishab interrupting her,"I don't think I can ever like someone forget about falling in love. And marriage can not last without love. I haven't and can never forget her. She has killed all the love I had. I can't not.. not at least now." Rishab gets out of the room. Sanjana doesn't say anything anymore. She knows how much he had loved Ritika. They were all friends. She had seen the pain he had gone through when she had left him. But she hopes one day a girl will come into his life and fill his heart with love again.