Chapter 27

Rishab wakes up to find Arti sitting on the stool beside the bed. He smiles and says good morning. Arti replies," Rishi it's Good afternoon. How are you feeling now?" Rishab says,"Like somebody has run a bulldozer over me. Every muscle in my body is paining and my head feels like somebody is striking hammer inside it." Arti replies,"Aur karo accident. What were you thinking? It could have been worse. God saved you. Are you too much in pain? Should I call 7the nurse?" Rishab says," No, I am okay. Where is..Khushi?" Arti smiles," Uthehi janab ko sirf Khushi ki yaad atihai.. wah.. kya baath hai.." Rishab says,"She was here in the morning so I asked." Arti replies," Mera pati bhi tha yahan remember?? C'mon Rishi ab bas..The whole world knows now but you two are beating around the bushes. It's evident now. So please accept it. Okay." Rishab says," Accept what?" Arti says,"That you love her." Rishab says," Please Arti.." Arti says,"What is your problem Rishi? It's so obvious. You love to be with her, get possessive when she talks with somebody. Why can't you accept it?" Rishab says,"She is so young. I.. can't see..how.." Just then Dadi enters the cabin.

She starts crying looking at Rishab in such condition. She says," Haye mera baccha. Kya halat ho gayi hai.." Arti holds Dadi and says," Dadi don't worry. Rishi is fine. There is nothing to worry about. Doctors will discharge him by tomorrow." Dadi wipes her tears and sits near Rishab. She says,"I was so worried for you when I heard about the accident. Tu thik hai na..bahut dard ho raha hai na.." Rishab smiles and says," I am not in pain. I am okay. Relax..woh..dad nahi aye.. Where is he?" Dadi looks behind and says," He was behind me." After few seconds his father enters the cabin. Arti greets him. He smiles and goes near the bed. He says,"I was talking to the doctor. There is nothing much to worry. He will be fine." He looks at him for sometime and then moves back to sit on the sofa behind.

Sanjana, Rahul and some others later visits him at the hospital. After an hour, Khushi enters the cabin and finds every one. She gives Dadi and her uncle a hug. They talk and then Rishab asks them to return home. It is decided that Khushi will stay with Rishab and Arti leaves with Sachin.

Khushi is sitting beside Rishab watching television. Rishab asks,"You are very close to your family right." Khushi switches off the television and says,"Yes. Baba loves me like anything. Karan bhaiya is my protector. Maa had left us when I was young but baba and bhaiya made sure I never miss her." Rishab says,"When I opened my eyes today, I was really thinking about my mom. I miss her so much. Seeing Dadi today made me feel better. You know what I for the first time saw my father getting worried for me. It might seem akward but I felt good." Khushi smiled and said," I had told you na uncle loves you, but he is little khadoos like you. He doesn't show his love." Rishab feels better even in the pain.

Next morning Khushi leaves to get freshen up and Arti stays with him. Doctors come for a visit and says,"Well Rishab you look better today. The reports are all good. We can discharge you today. But there are some precautions to be maintained. Rest for few days, no water on stitches, food and medicines on time. Come after fifteen days for check up. I will tell them to prepare the discharge papers." He leaves after talking. Arti says," Tu Dadi ke pass jayega toh?" Just then Rishab's father enters the cabin. He goes near the bed and says," I was talking to the commissioner. He told me that it was your fault that this accident happened. You were so careless while driving that you enter the wrong lane. You didn't even hear the horn or wore a seat belt. The truck driver was far more sensible to avoid major collision. You would have been dead by now, had he also been that careless. How could you be so irresponsible? That's why I don't trust you. How will you run the business when you can't even understand the right lane to drive the car. You young people don't have patience to go ahead. You like everyone look for shortcuts. See where have your shortcuts landed you. You destroyed your life, now my business and some day get yourself killed." He leaves after saying all these. Rishab lowers his head like he usually does when he is hurt. He closes his eyes and tries to fall asleep.

In the evening Khushi comes along with Sachin. Dadi then arrives with Raju. Dadi says," Khushi beta, "I will take Rishab home. You go with Raju and pack his clothes as well as yours. Then you both come down to the house." Khushi excited asks," We all will stay in the big house. It will be fun. Sachin bhai and Arti di you both also come with Aru. It will be like Alibaug once again." Everyone laugh listening to her. Sachin says,"Aur uncle hamari parade karwange uska kya? Tu aur Arti toh favourite hai uncle ke, I and Rishi will be lectured every now and then on how old people used to work and how young people are incapable. Sometimes I think uncle was born old. Right Dadi." Dadi laughs and says,"Pagal..Kuch bhi bolta hai Sachu. Let's leave now." Rishab speaks then," I am sorry Dadi but I won't go with you to the house. I can manage on my own in my apartment. You can take Khushi with you." Everyone looks at him in surprise. Dadi says," Pagal mat bann. Gussa chod abhi. You can't take care of yourself now. You have to come with me." Rishab is silent he doesn't want to say anything more. Dadi continues," He is your father Rishu. You can't continue to remain angry on him. He had come yesterday only because he was worried about you. Don't be adamant beta.." Rishab has the same stubbornness as his father and grandfather had. Dadi knows he will not change his decisions. Arti says," Rishi then you come and stay with us. Okay." Rishab says," I will stay in my place and that's final. I don't want to go anywhere else. Please." Khushi speaks," Dadi don't worry. I am staying with him."

Rishab and Khushi are dropped home by Sachin and Arti. He gets on the bed and Khushi sits beside him. She pulls his cheeks and asks," Kya hua mere kulu ko?" Rishab shakes his head and lowers his eyes. Khushi puts her head on his chest and asks,"Ganda bacha baat chupa raha hai..tell me what happened?" Rishab says everything that had happened earlier in the morning when his father had come. He says,"His business that were his words. I am destroying his business. I am going from one meeting to another just to keep this business running. I had to keep on making investors,banks, authors believe in the company. And after giving so many years to this company now my father does not believe I am capable enough to run not my nor our but HIS business. Why because for the first time in years I caused an accident due to my fault. I became careless once and I am termed irresponsible. He can take back his business and run it according to his own wishes. I am done."

Khushi puts her hand on his one cheek and gives him a kiss on the other cheek. She smiles and says,"I know you are angry on him. You should be. He overreacted but he was concerned about you. You had told me that one gets angry only on those whom they love. He loves you so he got angry." Finding Rishab still angry she tries to change the topic. She says,"By the way, I should be the one to get angry on you." Rishab says," What did I do now?" Khushi replies," Not now but before the accident the way you were behaving. Tumne mujhe kitna hurt kiya. You were angry as I went out on lunch with Kush. Right." Rishab looking elsewhere says,"No why should I be angry if you went out with your friend Luv or Kush, whoever." Khushi smiles,"His name is Kush, my brother's friend whom we jokingly call Luv. He had come to Mumbai to meet his Girlfriend. I had gone to meet her only." Rishab says," O, your friend has a girlfriend. Good.." Khushi looks at him and starts laughing. She says," Just look at you...Possessive hun??" Rishab doesn't look at her but replies," What possessive? No nothing like that. I told you na, I didn't want you to get hurt that's all." Khushi doesn't listens, she keeps on laughing.

After talking for sometime, Khushi gets up to give him his medicines. She says, " Mujhe lagta hai mein nurse ban gayi hun tumhra. Kabhi bukhar kabi sar phudwa lete ho.." Rishab says," Sorry Khushi. That's why I was telling you to go and stay with Dadi. You don't have to take care of me." Khushi sits besides him and says," I can never leave you alone and go away. I will always be at your side. Pyar karti hun tumse in a positive way...but karti hun." Rishab pulls her into his arms and gives her a kiss on her forehead.

Khushi gets up smiling and asks,
"When did you decorate my room so nicely?" Rishab says," I had seen you sleeping on the sofa so uncomfortably so I had got a bed and other furniture for you." Khushi looks at him and says," So then I am going to my room. Itna effort dale ho toh uska thoda benefits uthaya jaye." She is about to leave when Rishab holds her hand. He says," I had put so much efforts on getting an accident also. Is effort ko dekh kar, don't go. Stay with me tonight." For the first time Rishab gives a puppy face with lower lips pouting. Khushi looks at him and starts laughing. She hugs him tightly and he winces in pain. She backs out saying sorry and again hugs him, thus time lightly. She gets in the bed and sleeps near him. Rishab kisses her head and falls asleep forgetting all the pain both physical and mental.