Chapter 26

Khushi keeps calling Rishab but he doesn't pick up the phone. Khushi wants answers, she is desperate to talk to him. Just then the door bell rings. Khushi thinks may be Rishab is back. She hurries to the door to open it, only to find Sachin standing. He comes in and Khushi starts crying sitting on the couch. Sachin like a big brother puts his hand on her head and asks what has happened. Khushi tells him everything. She tells him that she is clueless on the reason behind his anger. Sachin knows the reason very well. He pats on her head and says,"Rishi is a complicated person. It might be because of his experiences in his life. He doesn't know how to express his feelings. We know him well so we understand why he reacts in a specific manner." Khushi looks at him, wipes her eyes and then asks,"What is he trying to express then in his anger now?" Sachin smiles and says,"He has feelings for you. He cares for you and he has become possessive about you. Have you talked about your friend, Kush with Rishi?" Khushi replies,"No.He is actually brother's friend not my. As his name is Kush, we used to call him Luv as in Luv Kush. He lives in Pune and has come to meet his girlfriend who lives here. I had gone for lunch with him today to meet her only. I wanted to tell him but he started getting agitated and he left." Sachin says,"Okay. You don't worry. I will talk to him.You come with me and stay at our place for the night. In the morning Arti will call him and we both will talk to him then." Khushi nods her head to say yes. She gets up to go to her room when her phone rings. It's Rishab.

Khushi's face brightens seeing his name on her phone. She looks at Sachin and says,"It's him." Sachin smiles and Khushi picks the call. She says," Hello, Rishab where are you? I was worried as you were not picking up my call." From the other side she hears another man's voice and so she asks,"Hello, who are you? Why you have Rishab's phone?" She starts getting panicked so Sachin takes the phone from her hand and starts talking. His face gets serious and finally he says that they are coming. Khushi stares at him with fear for something worse. She asks,"What happened? Rishab thik hai na?? Tell me please.." Sachin says,"Rishab has met an accident." Khushi can't believe what she just heard. She just looks at him with shock. He continues,"We need to go to the hospital now." They don't talk anymore and both get out of the house.

They reach the hospital and Sachin talks at the reception to know about Rishab. They are informed that he is in the emergency ward. Doctors are attending him, the family can wait outside the ward. They both go inside towards the emergency ward. Just then one inspector comes towards them. He says," Are you Mr.Khurana's family?" Sachin replies,"I am his friend. His family is out of town." The inspector says,"Well as much I came to know, it was Mr. Khurana's mistake that the accident happened. The truck driver had given horn and tried to control his vehicle. Mr.Khurana was in the wrong lane. We will wait for toxicology report for finalising our report." Sachin says,"He was not drinking or taking any drugs. He was in stress, may be he got distracted by something." The inspector talks with him for sometime before leaving.

Sachin calls Arti to tell her everything. Khushi in the meantime stands outside the wards looking through the window, hoping to see him. Screens are then pulled off and she finds Rishab on the bed. He has bandages on his head and right hand. She moves back to sit on the bench and starts crying. The doctor comes out and Sachin goes to him. The doctor says,"He has got an injury to his head and there are bruises all over the body. We have given stitches for the wound on the head. There are not any broken bones. Though there is not much to worry about but we want to still keep him under observation for the night because of the injury on the head. He is yet gain conscious and there will be concussion." Sachin asks if they could see him, the doctor replies that once they have shifted him out of the ward they can visit him.

Khushi has not listened to what doctor has said. After looking at Rishab in bandages, she has been thinking about the worst. She has been crying constantly sitting on the bench. After talking to the doctor, Sachin goes near Khushi. He puts his arm around her and consoles her. He says,"Pagal ladki tu roh kyun rahi hai? Rishab is alright. He is just fine." Khushi looks at him with tears in her eyes and asks,"Are you telling me the truth? Sacchi Rishab thik hai?" Sachin smiles and says,"Sachi muchi Rishab thik hai. Don't cry anymore nahi toh boat mangwani padegi." Not understanding what he meant, Khushi looks at him and blinks her eyes. Sachin smiles and says,"Gadhi if you cry so much then this place will be flooded. So we will need a boat na, tujhe toh tairna bhi nahi ata." Khushi makes a roondu puppy face😥.

Rishab is moved to the cabin and Khushi rushes towards him. Her eyes fill with tears but she controls them and sit beside him. She slowly takes his hand with on her hands and whispers,"Why Rishab? Itna gussa? Please jaldi thik hojao..please."

All night both Sachin and Khushi stay at the hospital by Rishab's side. In the early hours of the morning, Rishab wakes up. He looks around to find himself in a hospital. He finds Khushi sleeping by sitting on the chair beside the bed with her head near his hand. She has been crying all night as it is evident by her dried tears. Rishab looks at her and thinks,'She has been here all night just for me and I had been fighting with her because of illogical reasons. She has suffered so much for me. I won't hurt her anymore. I will ask for forgiveness.'

Sachin is sleeping on the sofa at the side of the room. Rishab tries to remain still to not wake anyone but he is in severe pain so he winces and his movement of hand causes Khushi to get up. She finds Rishab wake and she starts tearing up again. She says,"Rishab you are awake..O are you in pain? Wait let me call the doctor." Rishab whispers," Khushi, I..am..sorry." Khushi looks at him and says,"First let me call the doctor who will confirm you are okay. Phir dekhne main kaise tumhara julus nikaal ti hun.." She turns and goes out of the door after saying that.

Doctor comes and checks Rishab. He says,"There is nothing to worry about. There is a concussion which will remain for few days. We will keep him here for a day or two and then he can go home. Don't let him get up from bed on his own. He might fall down from head reeling." As the doctor leaves, Sachin goes near Rishab smiling and says,"Kya bhai, vacation ke liye hospital se achi jagah nahi mili tujhe? Kuch nahi toh Alibaug hi chale jata.." Rishab murmurs,"You.. are loving it na.." Sachin smiles and says,"Aur nahi toh kya? You had put every one of us in tension. This poor girl has been crying all night because of you. Please don't drive anymore okay.." He laughs and then says to Khushi," Tu abhi rona mat.. You heard the doctor, he is fine now. Okay. I am going to and make some calls. You need anything, coffee??" Khushi says no and Sachin goes out of the cabin.

As soon as Sachin leaves the cabin, Khushi turns her sherni mode and attacks Rishab with questions. She comes closer asks,"Why were you so careless while driving? What were you thinking so much? Agar tumhe kuch hojata?" Rishab replies in a low tone,"Toh..kya hota Khushi? Would you have missed me, cried for me??" Khushi is now angry,"Shut up..Gande..bahut gande ho..Why do you talk like this? Why? Itna gussa karke ghar se nikal gaye. I was calling you but no you will not pick up my phone. Why?" She starts tearing up again. She whispers,"I was so happy getting my first salary. I wanted to share my happiness with you first. But..You don't care about me anymore. You just hurt me.." In her anger she hits his bandaged hand and Rishab winces saying,"Ouch.." Khushi moves back and starts panicking,"Sorry, sorry. Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" Rishab meekly smiles and says,"Woh toh mera kaam hai na..tumhe hurt karna." He looks at her and raises his left hand towards her. Khushi knows she might be angry over him but she can't stay angry for long. She holds his hand and goes near him. She sits beside him and puts her head slowly on his chest making sure she doesn't hurt him.

Rishab slowly starts,"Aur mera juloos nikalna baki hai?" Khushi talks without getting up,"I am not talking to you anymore. Katti." Rishab says,"Wow! If Khushi will not talk then world will stop spinning." Khushi does not reply or gets up. Rishab continues," Seriously you will not talk..then you don't love me anymore as in positive way..." Khushi says in a stern voice,"Very funny." Rishab pauses as he is tired abd in pain. After few seconds he says,"I have always hurt you that's why I was trying to stay away from you. Sorry." Khushi looks at him without rising up. She says,"You had once told me that we get angry only on those people whom we love. But you need to know that we get hurt from people we love only. Mein expect karti hun tumse aur tum mujhse.. Expectations hi hume hurt karte hai." Rishab has no energy to say anything. He knows she is telling the truth. He just looks at her with a smile and then falls asleep peacefully.