Chapter 1

Rishab Khurana's day normally start early. He loves to spend quality time at the gym and eat healthy food. Today also he has finished his work out and is going to for a shower when his phone rings. Its his grandmother. He says,"Hello Dadi, good morning!" His grandmother says,"Goodmorning Rishu. Kya kar raheho beta?" Rishab replies,"Nothing just finished work outs, I was going to take a shower now." Dadi then says,"Ok, after getting ready you come here for breakfast. I have something important to talk to you." Rishab gets worried and asks,"Is dad alright?" Dadi replies,"Yes he is fine. Just come." She hangs up the phone. Rishab is curious about the reason behind Dadi calling him so early in the morning.

Rishab takes bath and gets ready and leaves to meet his Dadi. He reaches the bungalow,parks his car and goes inside. His grandmother and his father are sitting on the breakfast table at the backside patio,drinking tea. Rishab hugs his Dadi, says good morning to his dad and then sits down on the chair. Dadi calls their servant Raju to get the breakfast and she pours tea for Rishab. Among casual talks, the breakfast of Allu paratha and dahi arrives. Rishab loves allu paratha although he does not eat them much as he tries to stick to healthy diet. He starts eating them while his dad keeps himself busy in the newspaper.

Dadi starts,"Rishu your Dadu is no more and I might not live for long. Your father is also not well. You should get married now so that we can be relieved that someone is there to care for you." Rishab says,"Dadi I don't want to marry now." Dadi does not listen, she continues,"Mrs. Ahuja's daughter Puja has returned from US. Go and meet her today. She is beautiful and well educated girl. You will like her." Rishab protests,"Please dadi don't force me. I can't marry anyone now." Rishab's dad interrupts,"No don't marry. Do whatever you feel like. Destroy your life with your adamant behaviour." He gets up holding the crutches as uses them to walk after the stroke and goes inside the house. Rishab lowers his head and doesn't say anything. He always get hurt with the behaviour of his father. Dadi touches his shoulder, lifts his face and says,"He worries for you that's why he says so. Its has been 4 years now. Ritika too has moved on and has probably got married and gone. I don't know what had happened between you two but its time you too move on." Rishab slowly says,"Its not that, I can't just marry now. I won't be happy with anyone. Do you want that then I will surely meet Puja or anybody else." Dadi says,"I want you to be happy. I won't force you to meet anyone but just think about it. I want to see you settled before I close my eyes." Rishab says ,"Please Dadi don't say like that. I need some time."

Rishab gets up, hugs his Dadi and goes to the car. The name Ritika echoes inside his mind. Why did she break his heart and moved on so easily? He knows he lied to Dadi today. He can never be ready to meet anyone. He will never be happy again or fall in love again. There is no one made for him. He drives away to his office thinking about the pain inside his heart.