Chapter 15

Khushi has absolutely no idea why Rishab is reacting about her call to Arti. Only Rishab knows what is going to happen to him when he will meet them. Khushi thinks that Rishab is doing all this to change the topic. And topics can be only changed when Khushi wants. So she starts again," I know you are avoiding me. Why are you giving me attitude hun?? Mere se thik se baat karo." Rishab is helpless, he doesn't understand what Khushi exactly wants and what has he done wrong. He says,"Arey when have I shown you attitude and mein thik se hi toh baat kar raha hun.." Khushi says,"Then look at me and smile. And talk to me like you know normally jaise baat karte hain.." Rishab wanting save himself from everything that is happening to him, looks at Khushi and gives her a smile and says,"Happy??" Khushi laughs like a child and says,"You look cute when you smile. Don't make that shada hua face..I don't like it.." Rishab is surprised at himself as he is not angry or frustrated with her but instead he feels relaxed. He has never made such effort to make a girl happy. They drive along and all the way Khushi keeps on blabbering about something or the other.

They reach Khurana Mansion and both get out of the car. They enter the dining room to find both Dadi and Rishab's father sitting. Rishab goes and hugs Dadi and says good morning to his father. Khushi too goes and hugs Dadi and before she can say something to Rishab's father, he gets up and leave the table. Dadi says,"Sit down bache. I was waiting for both of you. Khushi beta what will you eat?" Khushi sitting down next to Dadi says,"Anything..I can smell paratha.." Dadi laughs and says,"Paneer ke parathe ban rahe hain..
Will you eat??" Khushi smiles and says,"Wow!!I love parathas especially Aloo ke but I would love to eat paneer one too." Dadi says," Wait I will tell them to make aloo ke parathe for you." Khushi says,"Its okay Dadi. You don't have to tell them anything. I 'll eat what's made." Rishab is watching everything and finally says,"Hello, I am present here too. Dadi you have forgotten about me." Dadi laughs and says,"Rishu I have already told Raju to get your breakfast. Kushi has come here for the first time. I have to know what she will eat." Khushi says,"Dadi he is Jalkukra..jealous of me as you are talking to me..asking me what I will eat. Dadi loves me..got it R.i..shu.." Khushi says in a teasing way. Rishab does not reply but pours himself some juice and starts drinking. He thinks,'Wah, Dadi used to wait for me to come so that she could feed me and now she is not even looking at me.. This girl is slowly becoming so important that I am no longer visible. Rishab tu toh gaya..from a business and adored grandson to driver and now nobody. '

Raju brings breakfast of toasts, eggs, fruits, and parathas to the table.  Khushi starts eating hot paratha when she asks,"Where is uncle? Won't he eat too?" Dadi replies,"He is in the library. Raju will go and give him his breakfast there. I am taking it out on the plate for him only." Khushi putting one big portion of the paratha in the mouth says,"Give it to me Dadi, I 'll go and give it to him." Rishab immediately says,"No you don't have to go. Raju kaka will give. You eat fast, we have to leave soon." Dadi says,"Let her go. Go beta. Can you find the library or not??" Khushi smiles and says,"Haye Dadi I will not get lost this time.." She laughs and goes towards the library with a tray of food for Rishab's father.

Rishab has a worried look, he knows his father has temper. After his sickness he lately gets  agitated on small things and react badly with people. Dadi understands why Rishab is worried, she puts her hand on Rishab's hand and says,"Don't worry. I know nothing wrong will happen. See Khushi is such a sweet girl, she can make everyone happy around her. I know she will do something to bring a smile on Akhilesh's face too." Rishab looks up and smiles, "She is a mad girl. But yes very sweet." Dadi is happy as she can see Rishab is changing.

Khushi goes to the library and knocks at the door and enters the room. Akhilesh is reading a book and he looks up to find Khushi with a tray of food. He says,"You are Rishab's friend. Why are you here with my breakfast? Where is Raju? RAJU.." Khushi interrupts saying,"Don't call him. I came on my own. My name is Khushi..Khushi Chopra. I am Rishab's friend and also I work at your company. You were not on the table and Dadi said you must be here. She was sending Raju kaka with your breakfast but I said I'll come. Actually I wanted to come to this library. You have such a big and nice library." Akhilesh says,"You like books then." Khushi replies excitedly,"Not like uncle, I love them. You know I used to spend hours at the school library in Kasauli reading." Akhilesh asks,"What kind of books you like?" Khushi is even more excited, "All kinds..Classics, frictions, adventures, love stories...all..Dadi was telling me that your grandfather then your father and you collected all these books. Rishab didn't get any??" She moves towards the shelf looking at some books. Akhilesh replies,"No, he doesn't stay here, why will he get books for this library. He was never intrested in publishing business as well. He has his own garments company. Just because I am not well..otherwise.." He stops. Khushi turns towards him and smiles. She goes near him, sits down on the chair next to him and says,"Forget about him uncle, he is khadoos. You start eating, the food will get cold. And tell me who is your favourite author?"

Rishab looks at his watch, its getting late and there is no sign of Khushi yet. She has still not returned from the library. He says to Dadi,"Where is this girl? Dad has shot her or what??" Dadi replies,"Pagal is this the way to talk about your father? They must be chatting." Rishab smiles and says,"Dad chatting with Khushi?? It is something I would like to see. I am going to call her. It's getting late." Rishab gets up and moves towards the library. He knocks at the door and enters to find both his father and Khushi laughing at something. He stands there in shock. He has never seen his father laughing like this. Is he dreaming or its real??