Chapter 25

Rishab could not sleep the whole night and so he just left for jogging in the early hours of the morning. He thought it could clear his head and help him think better. But it didn't work, so he returns back. He enters Khushi's bedroom to find her sleeping on the sofa. She has not opened it into the bed. There are dried tears on her cheeks. He thinks,'It's all my fault. She cried because of me. Why I get so angry over such small thinngs?She must be so uncomfortable here. Why did I allow her to sleep here? I am pathetic.' He keeps looking at her for sometime. O how he wishes to just hold her, take away all her pain and see the same bubbly face. But he can't, he shouldn't let himself go any closer to her. It is causing her all the pain. He immediately leaves the room.

Khushi wakes up to an empty house. Rishab is not in the house but has left behind breakfast he had prepared for her and note saying driver will come to pick her. Rishab has left without waking her, without talking to her. She goes into his closet and takes out one of his shirts and just holds it near her chest. She talks aloud,"Why Rishab, why are you behaving like this with me? Don't you know how much you hurt me when you don't talk with me properly. I have started loving the way you care for me. I miss your hugs and your kisses..please Rishab talk to me..please.." Tears roll down on her cheeks.

Khushi goes to the office and finds Rishab in his cabin working. Both of them look at each other. Their eyes meet and they look at each other for a few seconds. Rahul then calls Khushi and she goes away. After few minutes she returns with a happy face. She got her first salary. Her first earned money and she wants to share it to everyone she loves. But the first person she could think about was Rishab. She wants to go running to him and hug him. She looks at him but he is facing the opposite side, busy in a call. Rishab has actually seen her same bubbly happy face he had been craving from last night. He knows she is happy as she has got her first salary. He so wants to be with her now but he can't. He knowingly had turned his back on her.

Rishab gets out of the office during the lunch time. He is in the car coming out of the parking lot when he gets a call. He stops the car to pick it up, when he sees Khushi coming out of the building and going towards a guy with a car. They hug each other and she gets into the car and leaves. Rishab remembers Khushi talking about the lunch she was supposed to go with her friend. Something inside him starts making him agitated again. He hits the steering wheel as hard as he can.

Rishab goes to the other office to meet Sachin. He enters his room and throws his jacket on his chair. Sachin enters the room to find him pacing up and down. He says,"Bhai are you alright? You seem tensed." Rishab doesn't reply, he just sits down and drinks water to cool himself down. Sachin not getting any answers says," Gussa kyun hai? C'mon tell me now." Rishab says,"Nothing. Let's go to the conference room and get on to work." Sachin smiles and says,"Rishi it's lunch time. Pehle pet puja phir kaam duja. Let's go into my room." Rishab replies,"Bhai I am not hungry. You go and eat. I need to write something." Sachin says,"You don't want to miss the lunch today." He drags Rishi into his room and there is Arti sitting on the chair. Rishab goes and gives her a hug and asks her when he returned back  and how is her mother now. Arti replies that she returned last evening and her mother is better now. Sachin says,"Aaj lunch Arti ke special kitchen se aya hai. Aur tu miss karna chahata tha?" Rishab and Sachin sit down and Arti takes out the food and serves them. She sits in front of them. Sachin starts eating like a hungry tiger but Rishab is not in a mood to eat. Arti understands something is going on in his head.

Arti asks,"Arey how is Khushi? I haven't talked to her from many days now." Rishab says,"She is fine." Arti continues,"She was telling about some problems at her apartment. Is it sorted now?" Rishab looks up from his plate thinking whether to tell them or not about the living situations. After a few seconds he replies,"She is staying at my place." Sachin chokes on his food and Arti hands him a glass of water to drink. He after coughing for sometime says,"Itni badi baat ho gayi aur humse tu chupa raha tha. See Arti I had told you na, they love each other.." Rishab interupts him," Tu assume karna please band kar..There is no love here okay. I had a spare room and she was in trouble so I helped her by letting her stay with me. Arti was not in the town and so was Dadi. What was I suppose to do? Put her in a hotel room?. I am also looking for a place for her." Arti trying to calm him down says,"You call her now to come here for lunch na." Rishab agitation increases he says,"She can't come, she is busy having lunch with some.. friend." They don't say anything more as they know it could make him even more agitated.