Chapter 6

Khushi had seen Rishab's anger before so she was first scared when she had found him in the office that night. When Rishab had tried to make normal communication with her, all her nervousness had dissappeared. She being a chatterbox spoke her heart out forgetting that he is her boss. She was so excited being in the car with Rishab that she had even forgotten to take her folder. She had found her roommate Tina listening to music and had started dancing with her. She had realised about the missing folder only after midnight when she had thought about working on them. Biting her lips, she had cursed herself for her sily mistake. But she had nothing else to do. It was late and moreover she didn't have Rishab's number. But she was happy that she was with him today. She fell asleep soon thinking about him.

On the other hand Rishab too was busy thinking about Khushi. He had hardly knew her but he felt as if she was her acquaintance for a long time. She had no inhibitions and so innocently told everything about herself to him. He had never found girls in this city this innocent. And she was beautiful too even in simple attire and little makeup. Rishab shook his head, what was he thinking?? He reaches home and goes to the washroom to get fresh. He calls Sachin and informs him that he will be at his house in the morning. After making few other calls, he finishes his dinner.

He goes to his bedroom and decides to work on something. As he goes to pick up his laptop, his eyes fall on the folder. It's not a simple official folder. It has been decorated with ribbons, glitters and sparkly stones. He smiles at the thought of Khushi using it. He goes to take out his laptop from his bag and in this process the folder lying on its top falls down and it's contents comes out of it. Rishab hurries and picks them up. There are some papers, pens, pencils and a pair of earnings. He picks them up. These are colourful big Jhumkas. He puts all the items inside except the earnings and his eyes fall on the papers. There are few handwritten papers. They have few story plots regarding two young people. Rishab thinks, 'O she can write well. But the stories are short and they need some polishing. She is not bad.' He finds two sets of printed papers which he guessed are the assignments she was working on. They are parts of a book that will be published soon. One set had been proof read with red pen. In the other set he finds that some parts has been edited in black pen. She has not been taught how to edit books yet but she has done a pretty good job. Rishab puts the papers back into the folder. Talking his laptop in his one hand, he holds the Jhumkas in the other. He sits down on the bed to work. But his eyes is glued to the Jhumkas and his mind on the Khushi. She is talented too he thinks. Today he is smiling without any reason after a very long time.