Chapter 3

Khushi 's father had decided to throw a party for her friends to celebrate her success in her university exams. Along with Sheena, Meera and Nitu, a few other friends of Khushi arrived at her house. Khushi 's father cooked all her favourite dishes today.

All the girls are giggling and having fun,when suddenly someone covers the eyes of Khushi from behind. Khushi exclaims,"Karan bhaiya!!" Karan removes his hand from her eyes and Khushi rushes into his arms to hug him. Karan then goes to touch the feet of his father who knew about his coming but had kept it as a secret to surprise his daughter. Khushi,"Bhaiya you came!! Baba you knew about this na." Karan,"How could I miss this celebration? I got two days off so I came as soon as possible." Every one then enjoy the evening and leave after dinner.

Karan and Khushi are in her bedroom and Khushi being a chatter box constantly blabbers about everything. She then stops and says,"Yaar there is one very important thing that I have to tell you." Karan smiles and says,"Aur bhi kuch hai tujhe batane ko?? I thought you have said everything." Khushi makes face and teases her brother and then says,"No yaar this is serious. Listen I have done something without telling Baba and now you have to help me convince him." Karan gets up from the bed and says,"No way, I am not doing anything. And by the way Baba's good girl from when have you starting hiding things from him?" Khushi drags his brother to sit on the bed and says, "Please don't do like this first listen na." She explains about her interest in writing and how she has applied at some publishing houses. She says,"I have got calls from two publication companies and I want to join the S &K Publication located at Mumbai." Karan tells her that their father won't allow her to go and stay alone in Mumbai. Its so far away from Kasauli. But Khushi begs her to do something. She is in tears and Karan can die but never see tears in her eyes. He agrees to do something about it.

Next day he talks with his father about the whole situation. He tries to convince him by explaining that Khushi will be safe there. He has friends there who will look after her and she will stay at her friend Tina's flat. After much convincing and few shedding of tears from Khushi, their father says yes and they all get ready for her departure. Soon the day comes and they all arrive at the station. Khushi's father is going to drop her at Mumbai. Her brother and her friends all come to the station to bid her adieu. Some more tears are shed and they depart.
Khushi has no idea her life is going to change. With dreams for a new life, she leaves to go to the city of dreams.