Chapter 11

Khushi is looking absolutely stunning. Rishab takes some time to actually realize this is the same girl who was with him few days back. Sachin and Arti find Rishab looking at some girl and they smile at each other. Sachin puts his hand on the Rishab's shoulder and tries to look at the direction he is looking. He says, "Bhai, hamhe bhi dekhne do.. Is she very beautiful? Hmm not bad.." Rishab breaks out of the trance and says,"Kya bhai kuch bhi??I was trying to see who is coming." Sachin says,"Yes yes..ofcourse you were."

Khushi comes rushing to Rishab and stops in front of him. She finds him looking dashing. She smiles and then realizing she is late, starts blabbering. She says,"I am sorry sir, I am late. Actually its all Tina's fault. The invitation was to bring the family along. But you know na sir my family is not here. So I thought I will bring my friend and roommate Tina with me. But she had something up, so she refused at the last moment. I know she is meeting her boyfriend but she won't tell me. Its fine with me. Thing is I am new in this city and finding the address is not easy for me you know that na. So I got late but I know I should have tried to come earlier. I am so sorry." Rishab is still speechless. He is still looking at her and thinking how cute is she looking in the dress. Instead of Rishab replying to Khushi, Sachin comes in between them and says, "Bas itna hi bolna tha..I was still waiting for you say something more.." He starts laughing along with Arti. Rishab feels awkward and doesn't say anything. Khushi does not get what is going on. Arti comes up and says,"Rishi Introduce us." Rishab says,"Ya, this is Khushi, she is the new trainee at the editing department. Khushi they are my best friends, Sachin and his wife Arti." They exchanged greetings and Arti takes Khushi with her. They start chatting among themselves.

Sachin says,"Toh yeh hai aapki Khushi ka karan..good..nice girl. But she doesn't talk much na. So chup chap na" Rishab says,"What yaar? She is an intern at my company,  and I am her boss. That's all." Sachin says,"It doesn't look like it..She was talking to you like you have known each other from a long time."  Rishab shakes his head, he says,"She is like that only. She can talk about everything with anyone at anytime. She is a nice girl." Sachin smiles and says,"You have known her well in a short period of time as well. When this happened my friend??" Rishab tells him about the incident when he had first met her and dropped her home. Rishab says,"She had talked about everything that night within a 30 minutes ride. She doesn't see that she is speaking to her boss or a stranger. But she is good in her work." Sachin is about to say something when Sanjana comes and takes Rishab with her.

Khushi finds a good friend in Arti. Arti is older to her but she feels comfortable with her. When Khushi is comfortable with someone she can start talking about everything. Arti too finds Khushi to be a good hearted girl. She finds an instant liking for her. Khushi shares her excitement about the presence of celebrities around her. There are few film and television personalities, socialites and many authors. Arti finds her simplicity cute.

The function begins and Sanjana talks about the history of the company and how it has completed 55 years. Rishab is then given the microphone. As a publisher he welcomes everyone to the function. He then announces the launch of their new book, a self-help book by a well known author. He invites the author of the book to be on the stage. He asks his father to innagurate the book. His father and the author gets up on the stage and launch the book. The author speaks about his experiences during writing this book. Rishab's father Akhilesh Khurana speaks about how his father had started this publication company 55 years ago and he had tried to maintain all his ways and traditions in running the business. One must continue to follow the same path. He wished everyone success in the future endeavours. After all speeches ends, a famous singer comes on the stage and music starts and everyone starts enjoying themselves.

After a while function gets over, people start eating. They then slowly start to leave. Arti and Khushi are together the whole time. Rishab is stealing glance whenever possible. Sachin knows that there is something fishy but he enjoys the show. Finally when the evening comes to an end, Sanjana comes up and tells Rishab, "Hey, I will leave now. As you know Avinash is returning tonight. I 'll have to be at home before he comes.Where is uncle and dadi?"(Avinash is Sanjana's husband who is returning from Tokyo after a project) Rishab says,"Ofcourse. You must leave now. Dad and dadi must be in their rooms I guess. You go now, or you will be late. Tell hi to Avinash." She leaves. Then Sachin, Arti and Khushi comes. Arti says,"Rishi, you know its Aru's birthday on Friday. You have the responsibility of bringing Khushi with you. Okay. Has Sanjana left or what?" Rishab is speechless, Khushi is invited too, he nods his head. Arti continues,"Oo..I have to invite her too. Alright I 'll call her." Rishab says,"She won't be here on Friday. Avinash is returning tonight, they will off on vacation to Maldives from Thursday." Arti,"Ok." Khushi whispers in Arti's ear that she has to go to the washroom. Arti smiles and takes Khushi with her to the house. She shows her the bathroom and tells her that she will be in the backyard with Sachin and Rishab. On returning she finds Sachin waiting on the door. Their daughter,Aru is crying and they have to leave immediately. They take leave from Rishab and go.

Khushi comes out of the bathroom and instead of taking a left turn, she takes a right and finds herself lost in the big house. She panics and in the attempt to find her way to the courtyard, comes across a door. The door is partially closed and she hears music from old hindi songs coming from inside. She pushes the door and enters to find an old gramaphone on which music is played. She lowers her head, looking at the gramaphone starts humming
Suddenly she hears a voice asking who she is. She looks up to find an old lady siting on a big old chair with a big book on her lap. She now looks around to see this is a library. The old lady is still looking at her waiting for her reply. Khushi is nervous, she shouldn't be here..What will she do now?