Chapter 12

Khushi slowly moves towards the lady, cursing herself for entering without permission. The lady, Rishab's Dadi asks,"Who are you girl??" Mustering up her courage she replies,"I am Khushi. I work at S &K Publication." Dadi puts the book on the table and asks,"What are you doing here? You seem new. Do you need anything?" Khushi says,"Yes I am new here. I have been working as an intern in the company from three weeks. I am sorry to have entered this room without knocking. Actually I was in the washroom and Arti di had given me the direction to go out to the courtyard but I got all confused and lost the path. It is not my fault actually, you see you have such a huge house, anyone will get lost. Well some of it is my fault too that is entering like this. Actually you know I heard gramaphone playing old Bollywood songs. I could not control myself and I entered. I love old hindi songs especially when they are played on such record players. But you know I am sorry. Please don't complain to Rishab sir."

Dadi starts to laugh and then says, "Kitna bolti hai tu..come here." Khushi feels relieved when she sees Dadi laughing and goes near her. Dadi points her to sit in the chair next to her and says,"Sit. I am Rishab's Dadi..Yes we have a big house but not that big that one can get lost. But its good that you got lost, as I got to meet such a sweet girl like you." Khushi starts talking to her. She asks, "You have such a big library with so many books. I love to read. I used to go to our library at our school in Kasauli to read.Have you read them all Dadiji?" Dadi says,"No beta, I haven't read them all. There are so many books here. Some books were purchased by my father-in-law. Then Rishab's grandfather added many more to them and then my son. So it is not possible to read all especially for an old women like me. I sometimes come her to listen to Rishab 's Dadaji's records and read a little. You like music too. " Khushi nods her head and says,"My baba had an record player too, not like this one but a smaller one. I and my bhaiya used to dance on these old hindi songs in the evenings. Even after maa passed away, baba used to play music on it to make me happy. I was so young then." Khushi is sad thinking about her mother and she starts missing her father. Tears roll down from her eyes and she remains silent for some time. Dadi gets up and gives her a hug. She wipes her tears and says,"Itni pyari bacchi ki ankhon mein anshu ache nahi lagte. Always keep smiling, it suits you." Khushi smiles, and just then there is knock on the door.

Both look towards the door to find Rishab entering. He says,"Dadi you are here I was looking all over for you.. " He finds Khushi siting there and asks,"What are you doing here?" Dadi says,"She is talking with me. She had lost her way to the courtyard." Rishab says to Khushi,"But I thought you have left. Everyone has left. How will you go?" Khushi gets up and starts panicking,"Haaye I was supposed to leave with Deepika but I was here. My phone is off too. How will I go?...... I will take a taxi. Dont worry." Before Rishab could say anything, Dadi says,"Rishu you were leaving too na. Then drop Khushi home as it's late. Make sure my girl reaches home safely. And yes you have to bring her tomorrow morning for breakfast." Looking at Khushi Dadi says, "You come in the morning. Okay. He will pick you up and both can go to office together. I have so much to hear from you. My sweet girl." Rishab is surprised to find Dadi calling her my sweet girl. He thinks,'This girl knows magic or what. First Arti now Dadi,all are becoming her fan. Chal Rishab lets go. Drop her..pick her..take her to office, Arti's house . You are slowly becoming her driver now...Do I mind???Don't know...'

Rishab goes near Dadi to give her a hug and says, "Its late Dadi, you must go to bed. I will come in the morning. Let me take you to your room." He and Khushi take Dadi to her room. Khushi does not understand where is Rishab going at this time and will return in the morning. She hugs Dadi and takes her leave. Both come out of the house and Rishab gets into the car. Khushi gets in the car and gets lost in the thoughts. Rishab keeps on saying something but she doesn't hear. At last Rishab shakes her shoulder and says,"Hello!! Where have you gone lost? Put on your seatbelt." Khushi puts on the seatbelt and car starts to move.

Unable to hold her thoughts she asks,"Sir, can I ask you something if don't mind?" Rishab says,"Rishab." Khushi replies,"Hun??What??" Rishab says,"Its Rishab not sir." Khushi says,"But how can I call you by name. You are my boss." Rishab says,"No one addresses here as sir or madam. You are no longer just an intern, you are a part of the company. Here we all call each other by name." Khushi smiles and says,"Okay Sir, I mean Rishab. Actually I wanted to ask, where are you going now?" Rishab is confused, he says,"What do you mean where, I am going to drop you home." Khushi says,"Yeah, after dropping me where will you go?" Rishab says,"Then I will go home obviously. Where else should I go?" Khushi getting more confused asks,"Then why did you tell Dadi that you will come back in the morning?Don't you sleep at night." Rishab finds it difficult to control his laugh, he says,"Yeah I will return in the morning as I don't sleep at night. You are so right. I am a vampire and at night I roam around the city to drink people's blood. He.. ha..ha.." Khushi shuts her eyes and cries, "Amma..please" Rishab burst into laughter. Khushi opens her eyes and says,"Apko meri kasam, don't ever scare me. I 'll get a heart attack next time." Rishab controlling his laugh says,"Okay okay..darpok. I will not scare you but what kind of question did you ask. Ofcouse I sleep at night as I am not a VAMPIRE but a HUMAN. I will go to my apartment after dropping you and meet my grandmother in the morning like I usually do." Khushi can not believe what she just heard. She asks,"You don't live in the big house with you grandmother and father?" Rishab now understands why Khushi was asking such questions, she didn't know. Rishab says,"No I don't live in that big house. I always got lost there too like you. So now I live in a small apartment. And I usually go to meet Dadi in the mornings." Rishab is surprised it doesn't hurt anymore. He smiles at her and Khushi too smiles at him. And it starts to rain..