Chapter 8

Rishab has no idea what to say when he finds Khushi in front of her while entering the elevator. He nods his head and smiles. Khushi is bit nervous because of her mistake of leaving her folder in the car. She wishes him good morning and as Rishab turns his back to her, she bites her lips. Rishab looks at the reflection of Khushi and admires her simplicity. Khushi is busy chatting with her friends on her phone. She has no idea Rishab is looking at her. Just then the elevator door opens and both step out of it. Khushi wants her folder back so she tries to go up to him but his assistant comes up and both enters the cabin. Khushi curses herself for not asking for it when they were inside the elevator. Khushi thinks,'Haaye kitni bewakoof hai tu Khushi?? Why didn't you ask for it in the lift?? It's all Nitu's fault, usse bhi tabhi msg karna tha..My impression has gone down the drains..Kya karoon????'

Rishab calls Rahul into his cabin and asks about the intern Khushi. Rahul joking says,"Kya boss pasand agayi kya??" He laughs about looking at his serious faces controls himself and says," Jokes apart what do you want to know about her. By the way how do you remember an intern's name who has been here for just two weeks" Rishab replies,"Ho gaya tumahara now can I say?? Yesterday as I was leaving the office, I found her still working in the office. It was really late so I dropped her home and her folder was left behind in the car. The folder fell open and I found the assignments you had apparently given her to edit." Rahul says as if disappointed," Okay." He then adds,"Well she is a quick learner. Good in her work, has good hold in grammar. But I haven't explained them much about editing." Rishab nods his head and hand overs the papers from the folder. Rahul looks at them in disbelief. Rishab says,"She is good. You know give her all the required training for editor post and after her four weeks of training is over, offer her the job." Rahul does not say anything but is surprised at Rishab's decision. He does not get impressed so easily. The girl is good but what is so special in her that can caught the attention of none other than Rishab.

Khushi is called into Rishab's cabin. She nervously goes there to find him alone. She had seen him discussing something about Rahul before. She thinks her internship is over. Khushi knocks on the door before entering. She asks," Sir you wanted to see me?" Rishab looking serious says, "Yes, come in. Take the seat.Is this yours?" Khushi comes closer to the desk and her eyes fall on the folder that he is pointing to. Without spending a second she says, "I am really sorry sir. This won't happen again.I want to work here after my internship is over. I am usually not that careless. I am very responsible person. In Kasauli I even run the shop alone when baba used to go somewhere. Please sir don't end my internship." Rishab enjoying the prank show smiles and says, "You know what you talk too much. And you don't let others to speak as well. Not your carelessness but your talktive nature could be a reason I might end your internship now." Khushi almost in tears,"Mujhe kasam lage I will never talk so much.. but .." Rishab finding that this is going too far, gets up from the chair and stands near Khushi leaning on the desk.
He says," Relax..I am not ending your internship. Now sit down and drink water." He hands her the glass and Khushi without saying anything sits down and drinks water. Rishab continues,"I had called you to give your folder back. I should be sorry for looking at your papers without your permission. It had fallen out of the folder but still." He was feeling bad that she nearly cried because of him, he continued,"You are good at editing. I feel that you must consider your four weeks internship as the training period. You can continue working here with a salary. Are you interested to join us as copy editor?" Khushi is speechless for sometime and then she laughs, "Waheguruji thank you thank you." She jumps out of the chair and hugs him. Then realising her mistake she sits down saying,"Sorry sir..thank you for the offer." Rishab does not reply, he goes back to his chair, handovers the folder and says, "Okaay...you can go now and talk to Rahul. Best of luck." Khushi without looking at him takes the folder, thanks him again and leaves the room.

Rishab puts his hand inside the pocket and bring out the earning. He holds it in front of him and thinks,'Why didn't I return her earnings? She must be looking for them. What am I doing?'