Chapter 14

Khushi sits inside the car and puts her seatbelt. That touch of Rishab has made her to think more about him. A shiver goes down her body. Rishab on the other hand too is feeling awkward. He starts driving thinking about how close they were. He looks at Khushi who holds herself by putting her hands around her body. He understands she is feeling cold. He says to her,"My jacket is in the back seat. Take it, you are feeling cold." Khushi takes the jacket and puts it over herself. She takes out her phone from her purse and switches it on. She then looks outside through the window and gets lost in thoughts. All the way, they both remain quite. Rishab on reaching the apartment of Khushi says,"Give me your number so that I can call you in the morning before I come to pick you up." They exchange their numbers and say their good byes as Rishab drives away.

Khushi on reaching her apartment, finds a note from Tina,saying that she will be late. Khushi goes to her room, removes the jacket and gently places it on the bed. She then freshens up and changes into her night suit. She sits down on the bed and holds the jacket near her chest whispering 'Rishab'.She then puts it on the chair and starts checking her phone. There are few messages from her friends. She lies down on the bed thinking about the events of the evening. She thinks,'How different is Rishab in real than what I had initially thought! He is not that khadoos..I should thank him for everything that he did today.' She texts THANK YOU and sends it on Rishab's number.

Rishab reaches home, gets out of his wet clothes. He freshens up, wears his t-shirt and shorts and gets into the bed. He checks his phone to find a message from Khushi.
THANK YOU
He starts texting her..
Rishab:Thank you for what???
Khushi:I thought you had fallen asleep..so late reply..have I disturbed you??
Rishab:My house is not that close to yours..I reached some time ago..That's why late reply..And no you are not disturbing me..now say why Thank you??
Khushi: For everything that you did today..dropping me home..pav bhaji and rain..
Rishab:Rain??That's not my contribution..And you don't need to thank me for the rest..
Khushi:I had a great time today. I was actually missing my family and then everything that you did and that happened made me happy.. So Thank you..
Rishab: Stop thanking me.. I really felt relaxed after getting wet in rain..guruji aapka gyaan on rain is tremendous...Aap Mahaan hai..on serious note I felt good too after a long time.
They continued texting for some time before falling asleep.

As Rishab had fallen asleep at late hours of night after texting Khushi, he gets up late in the morning. He has no time to hit the gym, he is late. He has to pick up Khushi and take her to Dadi 's place. He does not want to be late. So he goes straight to the bathroom. After the bath, he goes to his wardrobe to see what to wear. Today he is not sure about choosing right shirt. He takes out different shirts puts them on his body to check on the mirror and then puts them away. Finally he settles for a black shirt, thinking black can never go wrong. Just then his phone rings, its his grandmother. She asks,"Bacche ready ho gaya? Yaad hai na, you have bring Khushi with you." Rishab says,"Yes, how can I forget?? I will pick her up and bring Your Girl to you." Dadi laughs,"I know my Rishu is so responsible. He can never forget what I ask. Okay you come I am waiting." Rishab cuts the call and starts getting ready. Then his phone starts ringing again, this time it's Arti. Rishab receives the call and Arti says,"Kya kitne baje ute ho?? Got up late and Missed your gym I guess." Rishab is confused he replies,"What??How did you know??" Arti says,"I am omniscient. I know everything. Now go and pick up Khushi or you will be late. I'll talk to u later. Byee..Enjoy..." She hangs up the phone keeping Rishab guessing about her source of the information.

He has no time to think, he texts Khushi that he will be there soon. He leaves his apartment to meet her. On reaching Khushi's place, he gives her a call. Khushi receives it and tells him that she is coming down. She arrives, opens the door and says hi to Rishab. Rishab looks at Khushi and finds her looking beautiful. She is wearing a simple Salwar Kameez, her hair is open, a touch of lipstick and big earning similar to the one he had found in her folder. She says,"Kya hua?? Am I looking horrible?" Rishab fumbles,"Aa..Na..n.o..you are looking beautiful. I mean you look okay. Let's go or we will be late. We have to be at the office on time. Today its not a holiday.." He tries to look serious avoiding meeting her eyes. Khushi rolls her eyes and thinks,'Monday on, khadoos pan back..wow! And I was thinking he is not like that. Khud ko samjhta kya hai. Fine I won't talk to him until he talks with me properly.' But as usual Khushi can not stop talking so after good five minutes she starts again. She says,"Listen Rishab if someone becomes my friend na, he or she has to be nice with me. You might be my boss THE RISHAB KHURANA in the office, but outside you are my friend..samjhe..so jada attitude nahi dikhana..." Rishab is surprised at Khushi's behaviour. In one night she has considered him her very good  friend and is talking like that only. He says,"So I am your friend hun??" Khushi continues,"Aur nahi toh kya??Last night you were so good with me. We texted about so many things. Friends only do that..Don't you know anything. But today you are showing me attitude." Rishab smiles and says," MY DARLING NEW FRIEND, maine kab attitude dikhaya?? I just said we will be late to the office." Khushi is not going to leave things so easily, "Yes your tone is showing the attitude. You are not looking at me also. I was telling Arti di about that only. About how you took me home, bought me pav bhaji and we texted and see today you are the same old you.." Blood drains from Rishab's face and he with a worried look asks Khushi, "When did you talk with Arti??" Khushi replies,"In the morning before you texted..She had taken my number yesterday. She had left last night in a hurry without meeting me so she had called to know when I left yesterday." Rishab then says,"And you told her everything. I mean EVERYTHING..That I dropped you home, waited on the street for pav bhaji and we got wet in rain as well as texting part." Khushi innocently says,"Yes..why what happened??" Rishab puts his hand on her head and says,"O God..now I am dead.." Khushi is confused why Rishab is so worried. But Rishab knows Sachin and Arti are going to roast him for everything. They are probably planning what they'll say when they will get him face to face..Yes face to face not over phone so that they can enjoy viewing his pathetic condition.