Chapter 29

Rishab is not going to sit at home for long. He decides to go to the office inspite of several warnings from Khushi. She finds him in the closet getting ready for office and says,"Pagal ho gaye ho? Where do you think you are going?" Rishab says,"Office baby.." Khushi stops him as he pulls out a tie and mimicking him says,"No baby, you are not going anywhere..Your wounds haven't healed yet. Your stitches on your head are yet to be removed." Rishab comes closer towards her, a smile on his face and bringing his face near her ears says,"Baby I am healed want some proof?" He steps forward and Khushi backs down till she hits the shelves. He puts his both hands on Khushi's hands and pulls her closer and brings his face near her lips. Khushi is scared and says," Kya kar raha hai?" Rishab tilt his face as if to kiss his lips and Khushi closes her eyes. He plants a big kiss on her cheeks. He starts laughing and hugs her. He says," See I am strong enough to scare the sherni.. my moti.."

Sanjana enters the cabin with a face that can clearly tell things are not right. Rishab asks," What is it?" Sanjana sits down and says," Two things, one about the company and another is related to your personal life." Rishab gets surprised and asks,"My personal life?" Sanjana says," I have heard that the new girl is staying with you. Is it true? Are you in a relationship with her? What is between you two?" Rishab gets even more surprised and says,"Wow! So many questions..Is this Sanjana my friend asking or my Marketing head?" Sanjana shakes her head and says,"Please Rishab. What's going on can you tell me?" Rishab smiles and says,"Well yes the new girl Khushi is staying at my apartment. What was your question yes I remember, no I am not in any relationship with her and the something between us is called friendship. I hope I have given you all your answers." Sanjana says," Rishab you don't understand, people are talking about you two. If you love her then it's just fine but if there is nothing between you two then." Rishab starts getting irritated," Then what? And which people are you talking about? It's nobody's business if I stay with a girl at MY apartment. Let's talk about business."

A meeting is called where Sanjana, Rahul and some others discuss about the company. Khushi is present too, standing behind Rahul. She looks at Rishab and he too steals a glance. Rishab says," We need new ideas for our online platform. We need to promote it, in order to get more hits. Any suggestions?" Everyone look at each other and one or two persons give some ideas. Khushi says," Can I say something?" Rishab controlling his smile says," Yes, ofcouse every one can share their ideas. Tell us." Khushi looks at him and says," We can organise a contest for writing. People have to register at our website and send their entries. The best plots selected will be featured on the website. If the writing seems great, we will give him or her a contract for publishing the story. We can promote the contest on various social media sites." Rishab thinks for sometime and asks Rahul and Sanjana what they think about it. Rahul says it's nice idea but will require lot of effort in selection of right story. Sanjana says," We will need manpower and money to get this idea work. We don't have that right now." Rishab says," But it's a good idea. We can get good promotion too. We can figure something out. Khushi you start working on this project. You take help from others in your department and work with the digital department."

Khushi starts working on the project as asked. In the lunch time, she finds Rishab still in a meeting with Sanjana and Finance department. Something is not right she can feel it. She is worried that Rishab is taking too much stress. It may affect his health. She texts him," When will you eat your lunch? You have to  take your medicines too." But Rishab doesn't reply and the meeting continues. Khushi finding it useless, goes to the lounge and gives him a call which Rishab cuts. She still calls him again and on her third attempt, Rishab picks up and say,"What is it? Can't you understand I can't talk right now? I am busy?" Khushi replies,"I know but I wanted to remind you about your medicines." Rishab in an angry tone says,"To hell with your medicines. Stop  calling me now." He hangs up the phone.

Khushi gets angry and move towards the door and she hears some girls of her office talking. One of them says," Did you see how Rishab agreed to what that Khushi said?" Another girl says,"Don't you know they are living together? That's why he is doing everything what she says. Men can do everything when they get crazy for some girl." Another girl asks,"What? Is it true? I can believe Rishab can be so blind. I always thought he is so matured." A fourth girl says," I just can't believe Rishab can be in a live-in relationship with a young and immatured girl like Khushi."

On the way home, both of them stay silent. Khushi goes into her room as soon as they reach the apartment. Rishab doesn't stop her and goes to his room. After nearly an hour, Rishab knocks on the door and enters. Khushi is sitting on the floor and packing her things. Rishab goes near her and sits beside her. He says,"Naraz ho ya phir as usual hurt ho mujhse? Sorry." Khushi doesn't reply but keep doing her packing. Rishab holds her hand and says," I was in a meeting. It was important. You don't understand what's going on in the company.." Khushi looks at him, removes his hand and says," I was worried about your health so I had called you. But it's fine, honestly I  don't understand what's going on in the company and I don't want to know." She again starts putting her things and close the bag. Rishab holds her hands again and says," Khushi I am talking to you. Why are you packing your things? You are planning to go somewhere." Khushi gets up and says," Yes. I need to go." Rishab gets up too and asks,"Where?" Khushi doesn't look at him and says," Anywhere.. I will go to Arti di's place or stay with Dadi. But I will go. I can't stay here anymore." Rishab's face hardens, he holds Khushi's hand and turns her to face him and asks,"Why can't you stay here? What did I do? I said I am sorry for shouting at you earlier. OKAY. What else should I do?" Khushi looks at him and says,"Hum ek saath rahege toh problem hoga. It's better hum ek dusre se abhi dur rahein." Rishab pulls Khushi towards him and asks," Kya problem hai? Tell me what is the problem if you stay here." Khushi is scared now as she knows Rishab is angry. She slowly says," Chodo mujhe..you are hurting me.." Rishab pulls her even closer and says," I am not leaving you until you tell me what's your problem." Khushi tells him everything that she had heard at the office. Rishab gives a smile filled with disgust and says,"You too want to leave me like others." He pushes her away and says," My mother left me, I couldn't do anything. My father abandoned me, Ritika chose better life over me. You too can go because of people talking about us. Go,get lost." He leaves the room.

No matter what happens, Khushi can no longer stay away from Rishab. She goes into his room after sometime to find him on his desk writing on his laptop. As she goes near him and stands near his desk, he closes his laptop. Not looking at her, he asks,"Should I call the driver to drop you somewhere?" Khushi pulls Rishab's shirt to make him stand. She says,"Sorry na..Maaf kardo." She tries to hug him but he removes her hand. He says," Listen, you want to go then just leave. Don't do these dramas with me. Mujhe abhi baat nahi karni hai. I want to stay alone." Khushi looks at him with moist eyes and says," I don't like people talking rubbish about our relationship. We are not in any ganda wala relationship like they are taking about. Main positive wala pyar karti hun. That's it. They must respect you but they are talking nonsense behind your back which I don't like. So I thought.. please maaf kardo na Mr.Khadoos. I will not leave you. Promise.." She uses her weapon, tears and puppy face and Mr.Khadoos starts melting. She puts her face on his chest and makes the crying sounds. He says," Maine aaj dinner banaya tha. I am hungry. Can we eat miss drama queen?" Khushi smiles and gets into his arms. He says," Don't ever talk about leaving me. No matter what happens."and he gives her the famous  cute wali kissi on her head.