Chapter 38

Rishab wakes up in the middle of the night to find Khushi not in the bed. He gets up and finds her sleeping on the sofa in the room. He goes near her and looks at her face. The dried tears on her face shows the evidence of crying. He feels bad but it's all her fault. How can she still ask questions about his relationship with her? Doesn't she know how much he loves her? Taking a deep breathe, he picks her up in his arm and takes her to the bed. He slowly lays her down on the bed and draws blanket over her. He couldn't sleep anymore. He sits down on the desk and opens the laptop. He starts writing something.

Putting down the laptop after sometime, he goes out to the balcony. Ritika, the biggest mistake in his life is back. Yes mistake that he had knowingly made. How foolish he was then? Inspite of truth being present right in front of his eyes, he believed her lies. And she had broken all his trust and left him bitter. Today she has come back with intentions that don't seem good. He knows she is the one behind the change in behaviour of Khushi. She must have said her something that's why she was asking so many questions. He thinks about years ago when he had first meet her.

Rishab was in London with Sachin to study Business Management. Arti was already there doing her studies in fashion. Ritika was Arti's classmate as well as her room mate. She was the one who had introduced them both. Rishab was initially attracted to her. Ritika came from a high society of Delhi. So along with beauty, she had grace. It was easy for a young guy to fall for her.

Ritika was interested in Rishab too. He was hot, handsome and rich. They had been out on few dates when Rishab could feel their mentality never quite matched. Rishab inspite of coming from a well to do family, prefered simple things. Having spending his whole life in boarding, he maintained a strict lifestyle. His priorities were always studies and healthy life. But Ritika was the opposite. She wanted to go to late night parties, enjoy eating out and drinking and spending money on shopping.

Rishab then had decided to end the budding relation before anything got serious. But Ritika had played her emotional game. She had tried to commit suicide by swallowing couple of sleeping pills. Rishab had blamed himself for the happening. Ritika had claimed that she had never been loved or given any attention by her family. She would die if she had live without him as she was in love with him. Rishab too had craved for true love as he too was neglected by his father. So out of guilt and finding someone who could love him so much, he had dropped the idea of leaving her. Soon he got into a serious relationship with her.

Their relationship had continued after they had returned to India. Ritika shifted to Mumbai after getting opportunity in modelling. Rishab got busy to set up his new company. He had heard rumours about her affairs with male models and photographers. But every time he had confronted her, she had done something to get his sympathy. She had made him understand that these were simply rumours that are common in the fashion world. By the time Rishab had been successful in his business, Ritika was also an established model. And Rishab was deeply in love with her.

Problems started when Rishab had to leave his company to join Publication house. Ritika was against the decision of giving all the decision making power to Sachin. He now owned major part of the company which wasn't something she liked. However Rishab didn't take her tantrums seriously. He got busy in taking care of two businesses. Ritika was busy in her modelling. She spent her rest time shopping, going out to dinner and partying with friends.

A year after taking over the reins of the publication house, Rishab had asked Ritika to marry him. But Ritika wanted to live in together before settling down. Her modelling career had ended by now and it was getting difficult for her to pay rent of her huge apartment along with maintaining her high class lifestyle. Staying with Rishab was a safe option for her at that time. Dadi and Rishab's father knew about their relationship. So getting permission from them to marry was not an issue. He told them that they will marry soon.