Chapter 60

THIRD PERSON POV

"Mom..."

"Y-yes, honey?"

"I-if ever..." Kumi stuttered as she sat in the bed of the operation room just minutes before the surgery starts, "...this operation fails, but I'll still be a-alive...d-don't tell them..."

Her parents faced her, confused.

"Why, Ayame?" Her father asked.

"You can't hide it from the team, Tobio and Kei especially..."

"I know that mom..." Kumi muttered sadly. "But I d-don't want to distract them from their dreams, I just want them to reach it without worrying about me...so it's best if they'll assume I'm gone...r-right?"

"Apply the anesthesia."

"Scalpel."

"I need light over here."

"No, we're losing her!"

*Beep* *Beep*

*BEEEEEEEP*

"Quick! I need more of the antibiotics!"

"Hurry! We're losing her!"

"Her body's no longer responding!"

"W-what's happening!" Mrs. Kumi banged on the operation room doors as she noticed the ruckus inside.

Suddenly, her eyes widened as she saw flat lines displayed on the monitor.

"NO! NO! DOC! PLEASE SAVE HER!"

She cried, along with her husband rubbing her back repeatedly.

"Clear!"

"Keep going!"

THUMP!

"Clear!"

"R-Riyo, I can't stand it anymore..."

"Shhh," Mr. Kumi comforted his crying wife, a tear falling down his cheek. "She'll be fine, okay?"

The door bursted open and the doctor emerged, noticing Mr. and Mrs. Kumi.

"Doc, w-what h-happened?" Mrs. Kumi asked in between sobs.

"We have good news and two bad news," replied the doctor. "We got her heart beating again, that's the good news. I'm sorry Mr. and Mrs. Kumi, but we failed the surgery which resulted her into a comatose state. Fortunately, she's alive and breathing but we're putting her on life support. I'm really sorry but we suggest to take her back to America for better and more advance medical attention."

Woke up from a coma that lasted for two years and found myself back in America; survived three failed surgeries and was thankfully and was finally fully healed during the fourth one. Then returned to Japan...

"What a pain my life was!" A brunette woman groaned as she took the elevators to the seventh floor.

"Oh, good evening ma'am!" A worker of the Regency, the building in which this brunette woman owns, greeted his boss.

"Good evening, Chiyo-kun! How are you and the others?"

"We're doing fine! How 'bout you?"

"I'm fine too!" The woman smiled at her employee, "By the way have you notice any volleyball player enter the building?"