Chapter 19

KUMI AYAME's POV

"Nē, Tobio." I said, getting his attention as we arrived at the entrance of the gym. "Thank you."

He brought his hand up, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he placed a peck ontop of my head calmly. "You're welcome."

I flushed red intensely, laughing it off as I pushed him lightly.

"You're blocking my view!" A voice whispered.

We whipped our attentions to where it came from, seeing no one by the windows of the gym. We tend to shrug it off and entered the gym casually--

"Coachhhh!" Yelled Hinata.

"C-coming!" Keishin was on the floor just below the window, for some unknown reasons together with Tanaka, Noya, Yamaguchi, Sugawara, Asahi, and Daichi. Then they quickly stood up, noticing our presence.

"Hey," I greeted with a smile.

"Hey," they greeted back in unison.

I felt a light squeeze in my arm from Kageyama, which I nodded in response, then he walked towards his orange-haired partner.

"Hit me with your killer serves Kumi!" Noya bounced like a child infront of me. I patted him on the head, making him stand still and apologized.

"Sorry, Noya-san, I can't train all of you for the next four days." He pouted, "But during the Tokyo away games I'll train you twice as hard and will make sure to rip your arms off."

Daichi-san pulled Noya by the collar and turned to him with a 'smile'. "Are you ready for your exams?" Noya shook his head 'no' slowly, "That's what I thought." Daichi gave him a glare that sent the 2nd year running towards the benches and started taking out his textbooks.

I laughed at the sight of Tanaka and Noya studying furiously in thr corners, then I turned to the captain and vice-captain. "How are the trainings going, Daichi-san?"

"Going good," he nodded, "although we're still getting a hang of the techniques and game plays you taught us."

I nodded, then turned to Asahi who just arrived beside the captain. "How 'bout your spikes and jump serves, Asahi-san?"

He put both hands in the air, repeatedly spiking as he visualized a ball. "They've improved, but it still needs more work, thank you Kumi-chan."

"My sets too," Sugawara spoke up.

"I actually have an attack plan in mind that usually needs your kinds of sets, Suga-san." I said.

"Really?"

I nodded, "It involves all six players on court, but let's see; You three upperclassmen are most likely cut out for this, with Noya-san."

Asahi's gazed at me shyly, "Can you teach us?"

"Sure," I turned to the third-years. "When I have time, okay? But right now, I need to get going." I checked my watch to see it was quarter to 2pm.

"If I may ask, Kumi-chan," Daichi said, "What are you so busy these days, it's not schoolwork is it?" Then he bent his head low and bent at a 90 degree angle which got me confused. "If your managing the team and it got in the way of your daily life, I-I apologize for forcing for you to train us and--"

I laughed lightly, interrupting his nonsense rambling. "You didn't force me Daichi-san, infact I actually enjoyed this...it just feels like the times when I still used to play."

He sighed in relief, rubbing his nape nervously.

"I will never be too busy for volleyball," I continued, watching the three of them in charming smiles. "Well, I have to go now. See you all I guess." I waved them goodbye and proceeded to where my bestfriend sat.

"You're still alive?" Tsukishima joked flatly.

"No I'm dead, you prick." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway I need to get going, wish me luck?"

"Yeah whatever, good luck."

I smiled at his sarcasticness, waving my hand as I turned to him. "You know what to tell them." He nodded boredly then I walked off to the duo who were practicing their quicks. "Hinata, Tobio," I called.

"You won't practice Kumi?" asked Hinata.

I shook my head 'no', "Sorry, I'm just very busy. But I'll make it up to you after exams."

"Why--"

"Boke Hinata boke!" Kageyama slammed his hand on Hinata's orange hair. "She just said she's busy." Then they started bickering again.

I watched the scene with slight amusement in my eyes, but minutes later I faked a cough as they finally realized I was standing infront of them. "I have to go now."

"Yeah...see you, Aya." Kageyama said calmly.

"See you Kumi," Hinata smiled.

I smiled back, walking away and headed for the two managers and Keishin. "Sorry if I can't be of help today, Kiyoko-san, Hitoka-chan," I bowed.

"We'll take care of things, Kumi." Kiyoko reassured.

"Take care Kumi!" Yachi beamed.

I pulled them into a hug as they hugged back, then I broke away and turned to Coach Ukai with a sly smile. "Teach them well, coach Ukai."

"I may not be as good as you, kiddo, but don't underestimate me." He replied smugly, ruffling my brown hair.

After I bid goodbye to everyone inside the gym, I took out my phone and dialled my private driver's number.

"Seicho-san?" I spoke through the phone, sighing in relief as he picked up with his usual friendly greeting. "Yeah, I'm at the Karasuno gymnasium. No don't mind, I'll walk my way to the carpark. Yes," I breathed, "again. Badluck huh? Anyway, please tell mom I'll wait for her there. Mhmm, okay thank you Seicho-san."

With that, he hung up. I then took a deep breath--

"C-crap," a headache suddenly hits me.

I held my head to atleast ease the throbbing pain, then I took a deep breath before walking my way to the carpark.