Chapter 37

KAGEYAMA's POV

It has been over two weeks since we heard of Kumi. We didn't receive any message and calls nor did she reply to ours. Naturally, we are all worried but knowing her, she's just busy and we respect her privacy.

I just came back from Aoba Johsai as the sun started setting. I walked inside Karasuno gym, slipping on volleyball shoes to hear Hinata yelling my name.

"Kageyama! You made it back alive!" He said. "How'd it go?"

"I may never be able to defeat Oikawa-san," I replied.

"Quit messing around! What did you see?"

"Seijoh was playing against the college alumni. Oikawa-san played as the setter on the college team. Even being unfamiliar with the players he was playing with, he was able to bring out the best of them; using them freely."

"So you're saying you're freaked out by the Great King again?" Hinata said.

I pondered for a moment, but a grin grew on my face. "Yes. I'm really freaked out. But Seijoh is what it is right now because they have Oikawa-san for three years. But we can beat them, as a team."

Everything went silent, I scanned my teammates' faces and saw big, motivated smiles on their faces.

"I'm going to beat you Great King!" Hinata started running away.

"THAT'S MY LINE BOKE!"

——

THIRD PERSON POV

"Coach," Tsukishima approached Ukai. "Is there a way to stop and opponent's spike when they're taller and stronger than you?

~~~

"So, with the qualifer in October, we'll only be able to go to Kanto two more times including this trip." Takeda said. "Let's make the best of this chance!"

"Right!"

~~~

"Hey Tsukki! Jump some blocks for me!" Bokuto beamed as soon as he saw the lanky blonde step inside the gym, then he surveyed each Karasuno member, looking for someone. "Where's Me-chan?"

"..."

"This chapter is called: Bokuto gets rejected by a player from another school—"

"Yes. Thank you for the invitation." Tsukishima bowed and placed his things aside. "As for Ayame, you won't be seeing her for awhile. She's busy."

~~~

"Nice kill!"

"YOSH!"

"That was an awesome serve Yamaguchi!" Noya praised.

~~~

"Tsukishima, where's Kumi?"

"Like I said before, Noya-san. She's busy." Tsukishima replied boredly.

~~~

"Kageyama-kun," Hinata whispered. "Noticed how Yachi-san and Shimizu-san goes home together and sometimes an hour before practice mostly ends?"

Kageyama shrugged, looking down on his phone.

"Break is over, let's get back Kageyama—"