Chapter 16

KUMI AYAME's POV

"I LIKE YOU GOD DAMMIT!"

His words rung repeatedly in my head. I sat frozen, watching the flustered boy infront of me. Kageyama placed his notebook infront of me, a certain page opened, then he looked away.

I picked the notebook up, reading a few scribbles and words.

Compliment her. Tell her she's beautiful.

Be honest with her.
Tell her how much you love her singing!

Buy her flowers or something idk.

Ask her out on a DATE!!!

Tell her to help you study...do it in a cafe or smthng?? But make it as a date.

Or just ask her out this Saturday!

I'll tell Ukai-san that you're sick or whatever.

I'll make up a reason.

GOODLUCK :))

Your voice calms me and you're the only song stuck in my head.

Watching you play volleyball and hearing you sing are two of my favorite things.
Being with you gives me an unkown feeling that I have yet to discover.

I feel at ease with you around.
Give me a chance
Let me express how I feel.

So please, go out with me.

I slowly lower down the notebook, seeing Kageyama still trying to avoid eye contact. I stood up, grabbing his chin and forced his eyes to meet mines.

He really meant it. I said in my mind as I saw everything written in his eyes, and it made me happy to know that he returned the feelings.

But I'm still scared.

I leaned in closer, our face milimeters apart. I suppressed a smile before my lips pressed against his cheeks. A tear then came falling from my left eye unnoticed. I faced him again, smiling. "Sure. Let's go on a date."

"R-really?" His eyes lit up in excitement as it met mines.

I nodded with a smile, sitting back down. "How about let's eat dinner--"

"You're crying..."

My fingers trailed down my cheeks, that's when I realized I was really crying. I quickly took a tissue from my nightstand as I furiously wiped away the tears, embarassed at the fact that I actually cried infront of Kageyama.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said, facing my attention back to him. "And we'll talk about our date over dinner. Let's head down now!" I pulled him up, quickly replacing my frown with a wide smile as I dragged him down to the kitchen.

---

"Tomorrow morning since it's Saturday." Kageyama said, taking another sip of milk.

"But you have practice for the whole day." I replied.

"Hinata said he'll think of an excuse."

"No." I crossed my arms, "I'm not letting you ditch volleyball practice just because of a date."

"It'll be fi--"

"No."

He pouted, eyebrows furrowed as he mumbled. "Then when?"

"Lunch."

"A lunch date? Okay," he shrugged as he gulped down his food, then turned to look at me and mumbled, "Can we, um, go to the gym together tomorrow?"

I raised a brow, smirking at his profound shyness. This was a Kageyama no one knew. "Come again? I can't hear you," I teased.

He tilted his head, slightly gtting impatient. "Can we walk together tomorrow?" He said a little louder this time.

"Huh? Can...together tomorrow?" I continued teasing.

"CAN WE WALK TOGETHER TO THE GYM TOMORROW?" He raised his voice confidently, but just enough for the both of us to hear as he shot up from his seat, then he sat back down and huffed.

"That's more like it. Sorry, we can't."

His left eye twitched, a playful low growl coming from his mouth. "Ha?! You made me repeat three times just for you to say you can't?"

"G-gomen!" I laughed uncontrollably as I repeatedly slapped my palm on the table. I wiped a few tears away from the corner of my eyes, "I actually have something to do tomorrow morning, but I'll see you at the gym after your practice."

"Idiot," he pouted, "fine."

The next hour was mostly spent with us talking about random topics, mostly about our experiences in volleyball. Thankfully, he didn't bother to bring up about the internationals or the reason why I quit playing.

Until the night got deeper, we decided to end the day. I stood just outside my house with his tall figure standing infront of me, the bright moon shone down upon us.

"Thank you for helping me," he bowed.

"Anytime. Just call me if you need more help," I smiled.

"I'll get going now." He then stepped closer to me, suddenly placing a peck on my forehead.

My heart raced as a I blushed deeper. "S-sure, see you tomorrow then." I stuttered, watching him wave at me as he suppressed a small smile before walking away. After watching him disappear in the shadows, a sudden pain hits my chest.

I shut the gate close, quickly making my way up to my room then shutting the door and locked it. I slid down the wall hugging myself as I let tears fall down my face. It hurts yet it feels so good at the same it.

Why am I crying?

Shouldn't I be happy that he likes me back?

That I can finally have another chance at love?

No. Of course I know why I'm crying.

I kept asking myself how unlucky I was at this life. This big house of mine was extremely silent since mom and dad are somehow away for awhile, also because of my own problems; I let the maids take a week off; it was just me alone in this house.

"I...d-don't want to h-hurt him," I muttered in between tears as I buried my face in my knees.

Times like these, I usually have someone to talk to. But who? Mom, dad, the maids, Oikawa, Kageyama--

I quickly grabbed my phone, dialling a certain number as I was desparately searching for someone who would actually don't mind wasting their time on me.

The phone rang for a few seconds, until the person answered.

"Kei? I need someone to talk to." I breath, calming down as I heard his tired voice. "I just wrote a new song. Help me record it soon, will you?"