Chapter 48

THIRD PERSON POV

"You want to play volleyball longer, don't you? Then get stronger, and there you'll be able to play volleyball non-stop." One of my coach's voice rung in my head, I just didn't remember which one.

But I did what he told me — get stronger. I am better now. Played in the nationals twice, became the top 2 ace in the country, got powerhouse schools vying for me, trained for almost 20 hours a day, played and was up to par with men, traveled around the world because of volleyball, and was even scouted to play for the national team.

I should be in Brazil right now, playing against stronger opponents along with my reliable and solid teammates. But why am I in America instead? Watching them play from tv when I'm supposed to be there.

Right, my volleyball skills did get stronger, but my health was weak.

I remember now, I collapsed one time during training and was having a seizure, only to find out that I was diagnosed with a rare heart disease.

And that was the end of my volleyball career.

My dreams were crushed knowing that the only thing I loved is far too possible for me to reach.

"Oi, you're spacing out. Are you okay?" Kageyama spoke, breaking Kumi out of her mini flashback.

"Tobio...sorry." She mumbled, sighing. "I didn't noticed you enter."

"It's fine." He muttered and sat in the chair beside the bed as he took out a small box that labeled the name of the brunette's favorite salmon sushi. "Tsukishima told me you were craving for these." He said nonchalantly. "And he said you hated hospital food, so here."

"You didn't have to Bakageyama," Kumi laughed lightly. "But thank you." She reached out her hand, about to take the pair of chopsticks when Kageyama grabbed a hold of it first.

Kumi deadpanned, tilting her head in confusion at the black-haired setter.

"I'll do it for you." He said calmly.

"W-w-what?" Kumi flushed red, stammering. "I c-can do it myself!"

"Suga-san told me you can even barely write or hold things by yourself without dropping it. So I'll do it."

"That's not true." The brunette lied.

"Fine, try it."

Kumi took the chopsticks from Kageyama's hand, trying to hide how shaky she was as she took a piece, suddenly, her heart started beating abnormally again while her hand shook violently, making her release the chopsticks.

"Damn it." Kumi cursed, "I'll do it again—"

"Open your mouth."

"Wha—"

She wasn't able to finish her sentence as Kageyama cuts her off by shoving a sushi inside her mouth.

"Let's keep it this way." He smirked, leaning in to peck her on the lips which made her blush deeply.

Then Kumi sighed, hesitantly nodding since she knew she really can't do anything herself these days.

"How's practice going?" She asked, finishing up the food inside her mouth.

"I forgot to tell you, I was invited to the All Japan Youth Training Camp." He replied, stuffing another sushi inside her mouth.

Kumi's eyes widened as she quickly gulped down. "Really?! That's amazing! You get to meet top players there. Ooh, you're going to meet Omi-kun!"