Chapter 54

WARNING!!! MAJOR SPOILERS!!!

KAGEYAMA's POV

Tobio,

I don't know how to start but I'll just drift off to random thoughts is that fine?

I slowly nodded, sitting cross legged on the ground and continued reading.

What a small world huh?

"Get stronger, and you'll be able to play volleyball longer. If you get really good, somebody who's even better will come and find you." That's what one of my coaches said to me.

Do you wanna know which coach was that?

"How..." My eyes widened in realization.

Kageyama Kazuyo was the name of my coach that taught me those very words that I lived for. Your grandfather. Small world, right? It's good to know you've also followed his words.

When I found out I had an illness, my entire heart shattered, and that's when I realized I couldn't carry on those words. You kept telling me what a waste for quitting that one thing that defied my life. But you just didn't know the reason, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for not telling you sooner.
I'm sorry for telling you I was fine.
I'm sorry for not being able to watch you finally play in the nationals.
I'm sorry for everything.

I stopped volleyball, wasted a year in America at a hospital with wires attached to my body, got heartbroken (literally lol), skipped a schoolyear, then came back to Japan. I've always considered enrolling at Itachiyama, but since I stopped volleyball, I went to Karasuno instead to atleast spend my remaining time with Kei. But when I got there, it wasn't only for Kei this time. I met amazing people at Karasuno; you especially.

You were quite intimidating on the first day we met, at the music room remember? You were grumpy and all while Shoyo continued talking to me. You even told me I was a disturbance! But it didn't bother me, not a single bit. Thank God for Shoyo who happened to stumble upon the music room that day.

Remember the time when we studied at my house and you asked me out on a date for the very first time? I cried that night. I never really thought that you'd like me back, but mostly I kept worrying about getting too attached. Tooru was my first love, and I've always thought to be my last. But I have never been so happy to have you as my last. I want it to be you and no one else.

Thank you, Tobio. For everything. For showing me that I can still enjoy life with such little time left. My worries about dying were instantly washed away whenever your around, and all I can think about is how wise and memorable I should spend my days.

And by the way, have you found my songs in Kei's phone? Do you have a playlist of it? I hope you do. I want my songs to be heard by the people I care about. Go share it please, you know who they are right?

If you'll miss me, just listen to those songs. But you can't listen to it forever, Tobio. You'll eventually have to move on, okay?

I really hope you'll be able to find someone who truly cares for you like how I cared for you.

Will you remember me if ever I'll be gone? Not that it'll happen but let's think about the worst case scenario. But will you forget me?

I hope you won't though. Please don't, Tobio.

And I'm really glad that it was you I get to spend my final days with.

I love you, Kageyama Tobio.

Until we meet again.

~Aya

"This idiot..." I brought myself to mumble as I face the floor, letting a few tears roll down my face.

"You're gonna...live."

"I won't let you die..."

"We'll grow up together. Start a family. Play volleyball with our kids. And you'll be watching me play in the Olympics..."

But...I gritted my teeth...if you do...die.

"I'll never forget you."

——

THIRD PERSON POV

"Kuroo," Kenma smiled, sitting on the floor as he panted for air after a very intense match against Karasuno. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For getting me into volleyball."

The Battle at the Garbage Dump has ended.

25-21

Nekoma lost. Karasuno won, and they will now advance to the quarterfinals.

"THANK YOU FOR THE GAME!"

Each player bowed and walked to the center as they shook hands underneath the net. The two captains engulfed themselves in a manly hug while each players did the same.

"You did well, Tsukishima." Kuroo whispered to the blonde.

"Thanks," Tsukishima muttered in reply.

As they parted with Nekoma giving their wishes to Karasuno on their next match, each player stepped out of the court with victorious smiles, even Nekoma.

We won, and now we'll face the quarterfinals. Kageyama thought, taking a sip of milk. By the time you'll have finish your surgery, you'll be seeing us play in the finals.

The thought of the brunette girl calmed him down, but remembering the letter he read last night also gave him worry.

It was as if she's telling him that she'll most likely die.

Kageyama shook the thought off, frowning as he focused on the match infront of him.

"Whoever wins this match we'll be our next opponent." Daichi stated as they all sat comfortably in the bleachers, watching the game infront of them while they ate.

The whistle blew a few points later. And the match ended quickly, indicating Karasuno's next opponent.

Kamomedai.

Where Hoshiumi Korai, also known as another Little Giant who Hinata self-declared as his rival, plays.

"Hey, Kageyama. We get to play against a real little giant," Hinata muttered, staring intently at the star Kamomedai player. "On the orange court during the nationals..."

Kageyama raised a brow, annoyed.

"It's gonna be great! I can hardly wait!"