Chapter 49

KAGEYAMA's POV

Three days since I've last seen her, and it was slowly killing me to think how she's been.

Is she even still alive?

Dumbass! Of course she is!

She was fine the last time I saw her. She was smiling and laughing like the usual cheery person she is.

And I'll visit her right after practice.

"Nice kill Asahi-san!" Noya shouted, praising Asahi as he spiked past a three man wall.

"Yeah...t-thanks Nishinoya," the third year rubbed his nape shyly.

After a few sets, we finally decided to end practice and started cleaning up. I hurriedly, mopped the floor, not waiting for Hinata's challenges; placed the balls back in the basket and took my bag, ready to leave.

"Kageyama!" Hinata called from behind.

"What is it boke?!" I yelled impatiently.

"You're heading to the hospital now?"

I nodded sternly, then spoke as Tsukishima walked passed me along with Yamaguchi. "I can now, can I?" I said.

The blonde stopped, not facing my direction. "It's 9pm, she's already asleep." Tsukishima said bluntly, "But whatever, a king can do anything he wants."

"It's late, Kageyama," Sugawara spoke worriedly.

"You can always visit early morning," Ennoshita suggested.

"It's okay." I replied with a straight face, taking a sip of my milk. "I'll go now."

My upperclassmen nodded, bidding me goodbye as I hurriedly made my way to the hospital, hoping that it's still not past visiting hours.

After a 10 minute jog, the building finally came into view as I sighed in relief. I entered the hospital, dropping my emptied milk carton in the trashcan while I waited for the help desk to call my attention.

What should I do within these three weeks?

Visiting everyday is not enough, I should atleast show some effort and constantly remind her that I'm always by her side; we're always by her side.

But how? She's not into material things, and from what Tsukishima told me before: small gestures mean everything to her.

Being in a relationship while focusing on volleyball is hard. I sighed. But if it's with her, then I'll do everything.

After the nurse told me that I still have an hour left before curfew, I quickly thanked her and rushed to the third floor.

Three days was long. I can't wait to see her smile again, hear her voice again, and be with her again.

I brought my fist up, knocking three times as I heard faint voices coming from inside the room.

The door opened and I was greeted by Mrs. Kumi who's eyes seemed tired and stressed, but she still radiated the same welcoming energy. Then Mr. Kumi stood beside his wife; both had looks of sadness and worry.

"Tobio," Mrs. Kumi whispered, smiling behind the exhaustion.

I greeted them politely, stepping in as Mr. Kumi welcomed me. Then I turned to the brunette who sat in bed, hugging her knees to her chest as she stared out of the window, not even noticing my presence.