Chapter 10

KUMI AYAME's POV

So far, so good. Karasuno won their first match against Tokonami High, 2-0. Right now, they're fighting against one of the best defenses in the prefecture -- Date Tech.

The thrill and excitement filled me, makes me reminisce those time when I was the one standing on the court. Every attack they make, or every ball they defended send an adrenaline rushing up my spine.

This time, Karasuno were having a hard time scoring due to the famous Date Tech's Iron Wall.

Fortunately, Karasuno won the first set with a score of 25-19.

"Nice toss, Kageyama!" I shouted, "Nice kill Asahi-san!"

The score right now is 10-12, Karasuno leading. Azumane-san sprung up and so does the triple man block of Date Tech, Asahi goes for a spike but was blocked by Aone.

"Go! Go! Let's go! Let's go, Dateko!"

"Don't mind!" Suga-san shouted.

The game went on with a score of 22-24, Karasuno at set point. If they win this match, they'll face a stronger opponent.

Before the ball touched Karasuno's side of the court, Nishiniya instinctly extended his foot to save the ball.

"ONE MORE!" We all shouted.

A high toss, Kageyama, I crossed my fingers. For Asahi-san.

"GO!"

"ONE MORE!"

Asahi spiked the ball once more, wiping it against the wall's fingertips, sending it flying ontop of the net. Rolling...rolling...until it lost its balance and it fell on Date Tech's side.

The whistle blew twice--

"ALL RIGHTTT!"

I pumped my fists in the air, watching the boys cheering on their victory. As they approached us, I came running towards them, spreading my arms wide. Noya-san ran into me as I hugged him tightly. I pulled on Kei's ear, ruffling his hair, "Nice block, Kei!"

"Huh...yeah," he nodded.

We all laughed as I enveloped all of them in a hug, wide smiles on our faces. "That's was cool Asahi-san!" I complimented as he thanked me shyly. I then moved to Kageyama, abruptly wrapping my arms around his torso. "You're tosses were on spot, Kageyama-kun!"

I felt him tense up again, making me chuckle as I pulled away--

"Oikawa san~!!"

Oikawa...?

A few girls squealed as we turned around, seeing the popular Oikawa Toru about to serve the ball.

I shouldn't be suprised. Of course Oikawa Toru would be here, he's a volleyball player after all.

For a moment, I froze, my eyes not leaving his figure. The way he spiked the ball was stronger this time, making it impossible for opponents to receive...and he has--

"Kumi-chan, are you okay?" Hinata waved a hand infront of my face. I snapped back to reality, scanning the area. I nodded my head, noticing Kageyama whose eyes were also intently glued at the Aoba Johsai star player.

I grabbed Kageyama's arm, making him turn to me. I calmly gestured for the exit and we started leaving the court.

---

The next day came in a blink of an eye. Today's opponent is Aoba Johsai. We arrived at the venue earlier than the other teams inorder to have small warm ups.

I fidgeted with my notebook as I stood alone while watching everyone doing their warm ups.

The whistle blew again, signalling for the opponent's time to have heir warm ups. Everyone walked out of the court while I approached a handful of players; handing them towels and their water bottles.

As much as possible, I tried my best not to stand out. I hid behind every tall person that passes by, then I ended up bumping into Kageyama.

"Oof," I grunted as I fell to the ground.

The black haired setter turned around, suddenly noticing that I accidentally bumped into him. He looked down on me, giving me a hand.

"S-sorry about that," I said as I accepted his help, handing him his waterbottle and towel.

He accepted it, muttering a 'thank you'. I sighed, about to leave his sight when a voice spoke behind me.

"Ya-hoo, Tobio-chan~"

I froze on spot, still standing infront of Kageyama. His eyes averted between the person behind and to me. He somehow noticed my sudden discomfort; his hand gripped tightly on my wrist, squeezing it reassuringly.

"I never knew you were into girls too, Tobio-chan," snickered the guy behind me.

"Oikawa-san," Kageyama growled.

I still didn't move an inch, praying that he would just go away. My back was still turned against him, hoping that the brown-haired player hasn't noticed my presence.

I then felt a sudden tap on my shoulder, but I still didn't turn around.

"Be careful of Tobio-chan, young lady," Oikawa said, "He's a dictator himself-- ahh what the heck!"

"We're about to do our warm-ups, quit picking a fight." Another voice spoke.

"Iwa-chan, I'm just greeting Tobio-chan and his girlfriend here."

"Hurry up."

"Alright, alright," Oikawa calmly laughed.

Suddenly, Kageyama pulled me besides him forcefully, making my face visible to the two Aoba Johsai players.

Their eyes widened in shock, then Oikawa's usual cheery attitude dissipated into a scowl.

I looked up at Kageyama, noticing his confusion.

"I n-need to go, K-Kageyama-kun." I stuttered.

Before I was able to run away, a cold hand gripped my other wrist, stopping me in my tracks.

My body was pulled forcefully to face the three boys again--

Oikawa's lips quivered as he studied my face.

"Aya-chan?" He mumbled.

I noticed Kageyama's eyes widen, he's probably wondering why Oikawa called me by my first name.

I forced a smile, yanking my wrist away from Oikawa's grip.

"N-nice to see you again O-Oikawa-san, you too, Iwaizumi-san."