Chapter 14

THIRD PERSON POV

The door opened as Kiyoko-san stepped in with a bunch of papers in her hand. Kumi peeked behind her seeing a cute blond girl trembling nervously.

"Hello!" Kumi chirped at the girl.

She jumped out of Kiyoko-san's back, facing Kumi as she bowed. "H-hi! You must be Kumi Ayame? I'm Yachi Hitoka, nice to meet you."

"And I too, Yachi-kun! I hope you'll agree to be our third manager," Kumi nodded with a smile.

"I'm actually still thinking about it," she scratched her head.

Heavy footsteps started approaching them as Yachi cowered behind the brunette once the boys created a circle around them.

Kageyama from behind can't seem to take her eyes off the brown-haired girl. What Hinata said to him last night still lingered in his mind.

I like her. He thought, suddenly flinching as he felt a sharp pain on his ribs.

"You're staring at her again," Hinata reminded.

"I'm not--"

"Oya oya?" Tanaka peeked behind the setter.

"Oh ho ho ho?" Noya tilted his head.

"Did I hear it right?" Sugawara joined in the teasing. "Is Kageyama staring at a girl?"

"At Kumi to be exact," Hinata added.

"I am not!" Kageyama growled, earning snickers from his teammates. Then as they turned back to the front, an unfamiliar, shy girl stood inbetween the two managers.

"Huh? Who's this?" asked Tanaka.

"She's a first year whose willing to be our third manager." Kumi said to the boys, "Please introduce yourself," she whispered to Yachi.

Yachi nodded nervously, stepping in between Kumi and Kiyoko. "H-hello, I'm Yachi Hitoka from c-class 1-5. Nice to meet you all."

"A third manager?" asked Hinata, "That sounds cool! We totally sound like professionals now!"

"Dumbass," Kageyama retorted.

Yachi hid behind the brunette again as the boys stepped closer. "Please don't surround her until she's comfortable," spoke Kiyoko-san.

After a few chitchats, Yachi decided to go back to her classroom. "I s-should get going n-now, Kumi, Shimizu-san." She bowed as we nodded in response, then she scurried her way out of the gym.

"Why do we need a third manager though?" asked Yamaguchi.

"Ayame can't handle our stubborness alone." Tsukishima deadpanned.

"I actually requested for a third manager," Kumi spoke up, "incase if I wouldn't be around that much, I'll get busy these days."

"But you'll still go with us to Tokyo?" asked Hinata.

"Of course! I think practice is over, you might as well study your subjects, Hinata, Kageyama, if you want to go to Tokyo."

"We are," Hinata pouted, "but your friend here gets angry at us because we're stupid."

Kumi laughed, patting Hinata's head hard. "Just come by or call me if you need help, I'll find time."

Suddenly, Hinata pushed Kageyama harshly towards Kumi as he came stumbling infront of her, almost losing his balance.

"Dumbass!" Kageyama half-shouted at Hinata behind me. He waited for seconds before turning back to the brunette to hide his red face, luckily everyone were starting to clean the gym and no one really paid attention to the three. Kageyama gulped, clearing his throat before he spoke, "May I ask your number?"

M-my n-number? Kumi thought, blushing intensely before taking out her phone. "S-sure, here."

After Kageyama got her cellphone number, he thanked her before running away to help the others clean.

---

"Stingyshima!" Hinata scowled as he and Kageyama walked through the hallways. "I can't believe Kumi calls him her bestfriend. They don't look like someone who understands each other-- wait!"

"What?" Kageyama flashed a puzzled look.

"Kumi stayed in US for a year right?"

Kageyama nodded.

"Which means she's good at english!"

"And?" Kageyama raised a brow.

"She said we can call her anytime," Hinata beamed, scanning through his notebook. "I'm sure she won't mind, right Kageyama-kun?" The orange haired boy turned to Kageyama, seeing his blue eyes glaring daggers at him. If looks could kill, Hinata was as good as dead. "AH, GOMEN! I TOTALLY FORGOT! I'll f-f-find someone e-else then!"

Kageyama sighed, his dark aura gone.

"Hinata-kun! Kageyama-kun!" The two first years turned around, seeing Yamaguchi approaching them.

"Yamaguchi! Can you teach me?" Hinata said.

"Sorry I'm not good with English," Yamaguchi replied. "But remember Yacchan? She said she's from Class 5, maybe she can help."

"Ah yes! Class 4 and 5 are both advance," Hinata bowed, "thank you Yamaguchi!"

With that, the freckled boy left. Hinata turned to his side, handing Kageyama his notebook. "I'll go now Kageyama."

"Okay," nodded the setter.

A smirk appeared on Hinata's face, "Goodluck, Bakageyama."

Kageyama furrowed his eyebrows, trying his best not to blush. "Whatever, boke." As the duo separated ways, a four-eyed blonde walked passed the black-haired setter.

"Tsukishima." Kageyama called.

Tsukishima turned around, taking his headphones off. "Be back during business hours." Then he placed his headphones on again, walking away.

Kageyama growled but tends to calm himself as he approached the blonde, making him turn around forcefully with Kageyama's hand on his shoulder. "I'm not gonna ask you to help me study this time."

Tsukishima raised a brow cockily as if he was challenging the growling boy infront of him.

"I..." Kageyama greeted his teeth, mumbling a few words. "...need your help."

"What else do you need help for aside from studying?" snorted Tsukishima. Suddenly, he was taken aback as Kageyma bowed respectfully for the first time, desperately wanting to be heard.

"Please hear me out."