(The Hobbit) Imagine Being In a Love Triangle Between Thorin and Thranduil PT. 1

~Imagine thought up by me, where Gandalf has known you since you were quite little and is quite fond of the little human girl. But then he disappears mysteriously, only to return after you have grown and become a fierce warrior, with a whole group of strange people...two of which especially catch your eye.~

You were sick and tired of always being so sick and tired. Life was hard in your village. Since you were young, you had to work tirelessly for all you had, endlessly. You hadn't gotten a full night's rest in ages. You were too busy staying up late sewing or crafting something to sell, and you had to get up before dawn to take care of the livestock, garden, and your other chores around the house before going to work. When you were little, your only pleasure came when an old man in a silly hat and long, grey cloak came and entertained your village with all of his shenanigans. Somehow, you had caught his eye, and became a favorite of his. He gave you special treats and made flowers appear out of nowhere for you, and other goodies that delighted you. It was the first and only time in your life that you were noticed and treated special. 

But as the years went by, Gandalf ( for this was the quirky old man's name) visited less and less. And the dangers that came to your village became more and more prevalent. So, you did what you had to in order to survive and try to keep your village safe. And what happened next was surprising, even to you. You became a very skilled warrior. One of the best of all time. You hid this from your family, traveling elsewhere to train and learn. You eventually brought women and girls from your village with you to train, and they became fearsome warriors as well. And you were their leader. Eventually, you gathered women from other villages as well, training them how to fight. You were a secret group of elite warriors, and when you showed up to fight, all were amazed. No one knew who you were, or where you came from, or even that you were all female at all. The only thing people saw was some of the best warriors out there, fighting and taking down evil left and right. 

You had spread out where you gathered your women from enough that when you did leave to fight, no one thought much of it. It wasn't like all of the women from one village suddenly disappeared and then reappeared after the elite warrior group had been seen fighting, no, that was far too obvious. But a few women from this village, and few from another, and a handful from yours...Well, you were women. Your absence was rarely ever noticed, and if it was no one thought much of it, even though your father was your village's chief. Still, if your brothers went missing, everyone would be in an uproar. But if you went missing? No one even noticed. It was sad, but you liked it that way now that you had a mission. 

Sometimes you thought of your old friend Gandalf. You wondered what that silly man was up to and if he was okay. You worried sometimes that the reason he never came back to visit was because something bad had happened. It was hard for you, seeing as every reason you could come up with that he didn't visit anymore wasn't pleasant. So, you endeavored not to think about him anymore. It didn't do any good; in fact, it just made you sad. 

And then, tragedy struck. Once, while you were out fighting a pack of orcs, you became surrounded by five other packs of orcs and their beasts. It was a trap; you realized too late. That day, you and your ladies fought valiantly, but you ended up losing fifteen of your own, one of which was your closest friend from your village, who was more like a sister to you. Somehow you were able to slaughter all of the orcs and take your deceased back and give them a proper burial. You had never lost anyone in all of your battles, with the exception of one lass who disobeyed orders and got herself killed. That was hard, but nothing compared to this. You blamed yourself for their deaths. You couldn't bear to go out again and see more of your friends murdered, all at your command. You just couldn't. So, you decided you wouldn't anymore. 

It had been a little over a year since you had gathered your troops and fought. You still trained all together and stayed in good shape, only getting better with your weapons and knowledge. You could tell the women wondered why you weren't going out anymore, but they dared not say anything. The whole thing was just too raw for you still, and they could tell.