(Robert Downey Jr.) Imagine Being in Love with RDJ for a Long Time

~This Imagine is for Ed_Jr_ , thank you for requesting!! So Imagine you've known Robert for a long time now, and have loved him for a quite a long time, almost since you've met him. But you didn't tell him and he didn't know. So what happens when he asks you to pretend to be his girlfriend?~

You sighed as you sat down on your fluffy couch, sipping on some water. You couldn't believe what was happening. One of your best friends of all time, who also happened to be a famous actor, Robert Downey Jr., and also that you happened to be in love with, (no, really, not just in a fangirl way!), and who knew nothing about your love and attraction to him, just asked you to pretend to be his long-time girlfriend.

You weren't sure quite how to react. It was a lot to take in.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and you jumped up, knowing exactly who it was behind that door. "Robert!" You greeted him with a smile on your face. He handed you some pink roses.

"Hey Y/N." He kissed you on the cheek like he always does. "What are these for?" He chuckled. "Well, if you're going to do this huge favor for me of pretending to be my long-time girlfriend, I might as well treat you like it." He explained. You laughed. "Why aren't they red then?" You teased. "Because we aren't actually dating!" He plopped on your couch. You made an "O" face with your lips at him and he chuckled again.

"So why do I have to do this again?" You moaned. "Because I lied to my Mother about having a girlfriend since she kept bothering me about it and trying to set me up with all of her Bingo friends' daughters... So, yep. Thank goodness for a friend like you." He smiled at you and you returned it, ignoring that knot in your stomach since he totally just friendzoned you. "Ready to go, my girlfriend?" He winked and got up. "Yes, my boyfriend Robert." You returned the wink and got up with him. But it made you smirk to hear yourself say that.

You got into his fancy and expensive car and drove to his Mother's house since she forced Robert to bring his "girlfriend". You wished.

" Robert!" His mother screamed happily as he got out of the car. "Hi Mother." He said, his words slightly muffled since she pulled him into a tight hug. "And who is this beauty?" She beamed at you. "This is Y/N, my beautiful girlfriend." He slipped his arm around your waist and you prayed that it could be real. "Oh my goodness. She is beautiful! How are you, lovely?" She asked after she pulled Robert away from you (unfortunately) and gave you a big hug.

"Robert, let me have her for a minute. You get her all the time, let me have her, would you?" She giggled and I rolled my eyes behind her back. Yeah, right.

You had a gorgeous evening, a delicious dinner and a good time. You laughed a lot. Robert made up an incredible story of how long you've been together and different things you do together. The most amazing thing was most of it wasn't actually made up. He told real stories. Of how you met. Different things you did together.

After hours of his Mother's endless questions, it was finally time to leave. As you were walking out he slid his arm around you and kissed your cheek. "Thanks for tonight." You smiled. "No problem. Your Mom is a doll. I had fun." He nodded. "We should do it more often." You chuckled. "You mean pretend to be dating?" He looked down as he said, "maybe it doesn't have to be pretend?"