(The Hobbit) Imagine Meeting Bilbo in the Shire

~An Imagine created by me, imagine running away from home and passing through the Shire, and being stopped by meeting Bilbo Baggins!~ Remember that (Y/C/H) means Your Color Hair!

       You ran through the cornfield as fast as you could, just like you had been running for the past few hours. You were right on the edge of The Shire, and you bent over, panting heavily, out of breath. You stood up straight, your (Y/C/H) hair blowing in the breeze. You started to walk, still gasping for air. You walked confidently down the path, your backpack bounced with every step you took. But that confidence was soon shot down as you started to reach people on the path. They gave you weird looks and glances, staying away from you and avoiding you as much as possible. You slowed you pace and look down in shame. Obviously humans were rarely seen in these parts, but especially not young human girls on foot. Although it was obvious you were not here to harm anyone, they still thought you strange.

        You sighed as you walked along, feeling like you would not fit in anywhere at all. Walking up a hill, you heard humming, it put a slight smile on your face, hobbits were always so cheerful. You wish you could fit in among them, they were so nice! But you knew you would never be accepted. You were about to go downhill when something strange and unexpected happened.

        "Hello there!" A man's voice called out. You looked up and looked around, but you didn't see anyone, so you assumed they were not speaking to you, so you started to walk again. "Hello, I'm talking to you." Just then a smoke ring went into your face. You spun around, to see a small little man sitting on a bench. "You're speaking to me?" You asking, pointing to yourself. He nodded, the pipe still in his mouth. "Oh. Well, yes? How can I help you?" You asked, surprised by the hobbit's actions. "What's your name?" He asked, his eyes not leaving yours. You looked around, still shocked at this hobbit. "(Y/N)." You spoke hesitantly. You noticed that other hobbits were whispering and pointing to the both of you. Clearly they thought him strange, too, and the fact you two were talking was all the more strange. He nodded and smiled in approval. "Well, (Y/N)," He said cheerfully, "would you like to come in for some second breakfast?" Your eyes went wide with delight and suprise. "Really?!?" You asked joyfully, feeling like jumping up and down. He nodded, and immediately stood up, opened the door to his little hole, and went in, leaving the door open for you to follow. You opened the gate slowly and cautiously, and closed it gently. You did the same with the door once you got inside.

        The Hobbit was all over the house, doing this and that so fast you could barely keep you eyes on him! And he did all of this, all the while, with his pipe still in his mouth. In just a few short minutes, a full and delectable meal was before you, ready on the table. Seeing all this wonderful food, and the fact that you hadn't any food at all yet today, forget second breakfast, made your stomach growl.

        "Well, (Y/N), shall we?" He asked sitting across from you at the table. You nodded excitedly.

        The food was absolutely delicious, you hadn't had food this good in a very long time, if ever. Once you had your absolute fill of food, and you didn't feel like you could get a bite more, the hobbit started cleaning up. "I'm sorry," you said, "I have forgotten my manners. I never asked what your name was." He smiled kindly at you. "Bilbo. Bilbo Baggins." You returned his smile. "Well, thank you Mr. Baggins, for having me. You are surely the kindest hobbit I know." "Oh? And why is that?" He asked, leaving the room for just a second to put the dishes in the sink. "Well, Mr. Baggins, no hobbit would even speak to me. But you did, and then you invited me to second breakfast and you shared your meal with me!" You explained gratefully. "Ah, I see." He smiled.

        Once the table was clear, he sat down next to you. "So, (Y/N), where do you come from?" He asked, still smiling. "Oh, I come from a very far place..." And so you told him of your life, and how your Mother had died, and how your Father changed to a very harsh and cruel man, bossing you around, and never being nice, and how the townsfolk didn't like you and thought you strange, avoiding you at all costs, or even being mean to you, and always talking behind your back. "And so I felt I had to run away. There's nothing for me there, truly. And my Father was going to force me to become a bar-maid to pay more bills, and I didn't want to do that, not at all. So I set off to find a new life somewhere, I don't know where." You sighed, finishing your story. He nodded. "I understand where you come from, people don't like me too much here, either." You nodded this time. "I noticed that. Why ever would they not like you? Are you too nice for them?" You chuckled. He shook his head. "No, I'm afraid not. I'm too adventurous for them." He said. "What? What do you mean too adventurous?" You asked, confused. "Well, I went on an adventure. Middle-earth as a whole tells my story as if I was a legend. Hobbits really aren't suppose to do that, so...So they really don't like me." "I see..." You said thoughtfully. "What adventure did you go on?" A grin grew on his face just thinking about it. "Well, have you ever heard of Smaug, the great dragon?" He asked you. Your eyes grew wide. "That was you? You are the burglar?!?" He nodded quickly, with excitement. "Wow." You exclaimed, "Can you tell me the story? Firsthand? With every detail? Oh please, Mr. Baggins?!?!" You said, thrilled with excitement. He smiled. "Of course, I'd love to." You smiled so brightly, which gave Bilbo great pleasure and joy. "Oh, and please, call me Bilbo." You smiled. "Okay, Bilbo."

        And so he told you his great story, with dragons and orcs and goblins, wizards and dwarves, elves and ponies and gold and jewels. By the time he was almost finished, you had both shared several more meals (for you know how Hobbits like to eat and eat and eat! Not that you minded.) and it was growing quite dark outside. "...And as Gandalf walked me home..." He stopped mid-sentence when he realized you had fallen fast asleep in the chair. He smiled and gently woke you up, for he couldn't carry you. "Hmm?" You mumbled, half-asleep. "Stand up, (Y/N), I'll help you to bed." You nodded sleepily and stood up, yawning. He wrapped your arm around him, and walked you to bed with his support. He tucked you in bed and softly put the few loose strands of hair that was in your face behind your ear. "Goodnight and sweet dreams, (Y/N)." And that's how you ended up living with Bilbo Baggins, and growing up along side Frodo Baggins, since Bilbo took you under his wing. And you went on great adventures with Frodo, and helped him take the ring to Mordor to destroy it. But that's a story for another day, for now we will only think of the great adventures that you dreamt of that night, as you slept peacefully in the hobbit hole. You never were quite fully accepted by the rest of the Shire, but that didn't matter to you. Bilbo accepted you happily, and that was all you needed. But the did grow to just put up with you, at least they didn't stare and whisper about you all the time anymore. They just accepted that you lived here now, and that was good enough for you.