71. Décor [Depression]

بَارَكَ اللهُ لَكَ، وَبَارَكَ عَلَيْكَ، وَجَمَعَ بَيْنَكُمَا فِي خَيْر
For a dear sister in deen of mine. ❤️

- A'ISHAH'S POV -

The blaring of my alarm had barely managed to wake me up and as I blinked my eyes open, I groaned aloud, realising that we had forgotten to close the shutters last night, the suns heat penetrating through the window and giving my exposed skin warmth, but it's brightness was blinding.

"What's wrong?" King grumbled lowly, his arms wrapping a little tighter around my waist, pulling me closer into his body.

"The sun, King." I muttered. "You didn't close the shutters."

"Clearly, neither did you." He mutters back, pressing a kiss onto my neck.

I turned around in his arms to face him, eventually smiling as he opened one of his eyes only slightly and looked at me, asking me what the time was.

"Ten thirty." I tell him, reaching my hand up and running my fingers through his unruly morning hair.

"Ten thirty?" He groaned. "Babe, it's Saturday. Why've you got an alarm set?"

"We're going shopping, remember? For Beth's room?" I reminded him slowly.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had changed his mind to be honest. It was almost like every day since she had moved in, I had a fear that something would happen and I would be left to seperate or meddle between the two of them.

"Do I have to come?" He whined and at this point, I knew him enough to know that he wasn't completely unwilling. If he really didn't want to come, he wouldn't, and nothing I say would make him come with us.

"Well it's coming out of your bank account, so..." I trailed off with a smile, continuing to massage his scalp with fingertips.

"Why don't we just give her my bank card and you and I can spend the whole day right here." He smiled, opening both of his eyes now to look at me. There was a tinge of seriousness in his tone and I had no other choice than to shut the idea down quickly before he thought further into it.

"That would be extremely rude, so no."

"Ugh. You're no fun." He muttered, making me smile.

"And you're a man child. What's new?" I joked. I peeled his arms away from my waist and sat up in bed, raising my hands above my head as I yawned and stretched my limbs, craning my neck to the side.

"I'm going to prepare breakfast so I'd appreciate some help when you're ready." I told him, slipping off the bed and putting my jacket on to cover my bare arms.

He turned, facing the ceiling as he shut his eyes, resting his forearm over them. "When did you get so demanding?"

I couldn't respond, a gag emitting from my throat as my stomach churned out of nowhere. I quickly ran out of the bedroom and into the bathroom, lifting the toilet seat as I sat on the floor, my one hand on the seat, the other holding my hair in a single pile at my neck as I shut my eyes and took deep breaths in and out. I hated this feeling.

I heaved again, my eyes watering as I parted my lips, but yet again, nothing came out.

"Hey, baby," King came in quickly, approaching me and sitting on the corner of the bathtub as he now held my hair. "You okay?"

I breathed out, looking into the toilet bowl as I shut my eyes and nodded.

This was something that was happening almost every day for the past three months. I'd read that it usually stopped at the three month mark I was hopeful that I wouldn't suffer this again the day I hit three months, but obviously nothing was to say that my body would know the day, on the dot, that I would have hit that mark.