2: Forgive

As salamu alaykum, may peace
Be upon you all ❤️

I was going to update next week, but it's Jummah (Friday) today which is the Muslims weekly holiday, so here's a surprise from me to you on this blessed day :)

Please, please, please, recite Surah al-Kahf before reading this is you haven't already done so! If you can't read Arabic, then listen to a recitation InshaaAllah!

Enjoy the short chapter, sorry! ❤️

--- K I N G ---

"You're welcome to go now, sir." The officer told me after I had finished giving a statement that was completely made up of lies and wrong information. Yeah, my 'mates' might have left me there with the cops, but I wasn't going to throw them under the bus. I nodded my head and turned to leave, before sighing and stopping for reasons unknown to me.

"How's the guy doing in there?" I asked, not even knowing why the hell I cared. I guess I just felt like I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left not knowing his condition, at the least knowing whether or not he'd survive.

"You're going to have to wait for the nurse." The officer said as they put paper's into the suitcase they brought with them from the car, preparing to leave. Clearly they had already gotten the guy's statement as well since they were leaving. I guess that also means the guy was fine. 'The guy.'

"W-what's his name?" I stuttered after a pause, not even knowing why, my voice stopping the officers who were just about to leave through the door. "Ahmad." He replied simply and I nodded in thanks, watching them leave and walking in the same direction soon after.

"Anyone here for Ahmad?" The nurse called from behind me, looking around at the people in the waiting room. I stopped walking towards the exit the policemen had just left through and turned around as she repeated the name, yet no one moved. Should I have left? Didn't the guy...didn't Ahmad have any family here?

"Yeah, here." I said, cursing myself internally as the nurse turned back around to look at me, just as she was leaving. She smiled at me and gestured me into the ICU. What the hell is wrong with me?

"He's fine. The knife has not punctured any organs and we've stitched him up. You'll be able to take him home once he's awake. There's no use of him staying here." She explained to me as she led me down the hall, passing countless patients on beds, most of whom were sleeping and probably just newly out of surgery. The smell of sterilized equipment flooded my nostrils and the room entirely was cold. She put her arm out, stopping at a room and pulling open the curtain. I nodded simply and walked in, staring at Ahmad who looked pale, bags under his eyes. His chest was bare, a bandage over where the stab wound was on his lower abdomen. I exhaled and sat down on the big leather chair, taking out my phone and calling one of my dad's drivers to bring a car for me. There were no calls or texts from any of the guys. Wow.

"What time is it?" A voice groaned after about an hour of me scrolling through Facebook. I straightened up and looked at him, his eyes slowly opening wider and wider as he glanced at me.

"Four thirty a.m." I answered him simply after looking at the time on my phone. Wow. Four a.m. There was no way I was going to school tomorrow. Plus, I could go a day without seeing the guys just to get rid of my anger towards them.

"Why are you here?" He asked me the question that I paused to find an answer to however not knowing the answer myself, I couldn't find anything to say for a while. I watched as he contorted his features in pain, slowly sitting up in the bed, looking around the room until he saw a bottle of water that he reached over to grab.