58: Shopping - The Story of Three Men

Curious to know...are there any brothers that read this story? 👀

Also:
Sorry for the late update, but 8,500 words should compensate for the delay 😂

Vote & COMMENT!

- A'ISHAH'S POV -

"Are you ready to try this again?" I asked him softly, making sure I didn't make him more nervous than he already was.

He took in a deep breath through his nose, holding for several seconds before breathing out steadily through his lips. "I'm ready." He spoke, his voice confident.

I beamed at him, a proud look in my eyes as I sent him a wink and hand in hand, we pushed the door open, making our way into the ward to break the news of our pregnancy to Lisa once again, hopefully with a better reaction this time.

"Hey, Mum." King greeted, walking beside his mothers bed with a soft smile.

Lisa was eating her dinner, the tray table in front of her, and at the sound of King's voice, she looked up, watching the both of us enter.

I drew the curtains shut around her bed and pulled my niqab up to show her my face. "Hi, Lisa." I smiled at her.

She didn't speak and instead, after staring at King and I for a few seconds, she continued eating her food.

King sat down on the chair in the room while I sat on the corner at the end of the bed.

"How's the food?" King asked and Lisa stopped chewing to look at him before bending over and spitting the food in her mouth back onto the plate.

"It's good." She said simply, taking her fork back up to re-eat the food.

I closed my eyes for a few seconds, feeling queasy at the sight of her re-chewing already chewed up food.

"Did you get two desserts again?" I cheekily asked her and she nodded, lifting up the two cups of fruit yoghurt on her tray. "Can I have one?" I pouted jokingly but she immediately snatched them away and narrowed her eyes.

"Mine." She spoke, putting the desserts on her lap instead of back on the food tray.

I chuckled, raising my hands in surrender. "Okay, okay, they're yours."

King chuckled as he watched us and I shook my head with a smile.

"Do you want me to feed you, mum?" King asked and after some silent thought, Lisa nodded, dropping her fork onto the plate and leaning back.

I smiled, realising that King seemed happy at the thought of feeding his own mother, and we switched seats so that he could feed his mother comfortably.

I took a few photos unbeknownst to them and smiled as I flicked through, seeing the concentration King had on his face along with another photo of him smiling when she ate the food.

I prayed that nothing happened to Lisa and that this infection would be gone by the time her IV treatment was over. On the flip side, if something happened to Lisa, I wasn't sure how King would cope, if at all.