4: Mosque

--- K I N G ---

"Rise and shine, mate." I heard someone say as I groaned and stretched my tense limbs, my whole body aching and my head pounding.

"What the hell..." I trailed off, rolling around and looking at my surroundings only to see I was in some building with hundreds of lights decorating the painted rounded ceilings, all sorts of sick Arabic looking calligraphy on the walls, red carpets on the floor that I was currently lying on.

"Where's this?" I asked, looking up and only now realizing that it was Ahmad who was looking at me. What the hell was I doing with Ahmad?

"Our mosque." He said as he sat down cross legged across me. I sat up also, leaning my back against the wall and stretching my legs ahead.

"Where the hell are my shoes?" I muttered as I looked at my white socks. Looking around the place, I took note of the extensive bookshelf against one whole wall, all looking like it had the same one book on the shelves.

"You can't come in here with shoes

"You can't come in here with shoes. I took them off." He said as he opened a back pack, taking out a bottle of water and handing it out for me to grab which I took gladly, gulping down most of it.

"I've never been drunk before but Google said Panadol helps so I went and bought some for you, I don't know." He said with a shrug as I looked at him with half wide eyes, taking the packet from his hands greedily and popping out three pills before putting them into my mouth and chugging the rest of the water down. Even the little bit of water I had drank was enough to wake me up a little bit.

"You've never been drunk before." I muttered with a laugh. "Must be fun." I said sarcastically and he laughed also, extending his legs and resting his hands behind him on the carpet.

"Trust me when I say our idea of fun isn't the same." He said with a shrug, making me smirk. Yeah, I'd definitely agree with that. What sort of life did someone lead in order to never be drunk?

Boring, I know that much.

"Trust me when I say if you experienced my fun, you'd never go back." I said with a laugh that made my head throb, leaning my head on the cement wall, welcoming the coolness that calmed my headache a little.

"I'm good where I am." He said simply, not looking at all deprived or curious. Someone wearing the same dress as Ahmad, but a black version that looked better walked passed, reaching a hand out to Ahmad and saying a couple words that I didn't understand.

"Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, akhi." Ahmad replied with a smile, taking his hand and shaking it. The guy turned his head to me and said the same thing, a small smile on his face. I stared back at him blankly. Was he cussing me? He raised an eyebrow until recognition took over his face when Ahmad told him I wasn't Muslim.