78. Wedding - The Hijaab

The mini reminder in this chapter was requested by a sister a while ago but I cannot remember who 😬
If you're reading though, then I hope it lives up to your expectations inshaaAllah ❤️

Don't forget to watch the video in the media section - it's a short one 🥰

- KING'S POV -

"A'ishah!?" I yelled out, looking through my cupboard for the grey thawb Ahmad had gifted me last Eid. "A'ishah?" I called again, sighing when she didn't reply.

I huffed out and shut the cupboard door, walking down the hall and seeing her in the kitchen, one hand on the handle of a pot on the stove as she mixed whatever was inside with a wooden spoon.

She was wearing one of my plain white T shirts with yoga pants covering her legs. Her hair was up in a flopped bun and I could see earphones in her ears, probably listening to Qur'an.

I walked behind her with a smirk on my face, one hand sneaking around her waist as I pulled out the earphones. She jumped slightly in my arms at the unexpected contact before relaxing and leaning back into me with a sigh.

"What are you making?" I asked her, resting my head on her shoulder, my hands running over the growing bump of her tummy soothingly.

"It's a new recipe. I found it on Pinterest." She answered me simply, making me chuckle. I swear, whenever she was on her phone and not reading or listening to Qur'an, or not studying the deen, which wasn't very often, she was on Pinterest. It seemed to be her only hobby.

"Of course you did." I mumbled, feeling her place her hand on top of mine that was resting over her stomach.

I was reminded yet again that I couldn't wait for the day this baby would finally enter our world inshaaAllah. I had come such a long way from five months ago when we had first found out about the pregnancy, alhamdulillah.

Time was going past so slowly, but at the same time so fast too. It seemed like only yesterday when we were telling our family about the news, and already, we were five months in. We had past the halfway mark, yet four months still seemed so far away.

"Did you need something?" She asked me, unwrapping my arms from around her and moving away from my embrace, making me groan in protest as I leaned against the counter instead, watching as she tipped the boiled pasta into a colander that was sitting in the sink.

"I did, actually. My grey thawb." I told her, only now being reminded of the fact that I needed her to find it. It happened often where I would forget my train of thought just by making eye contact with her. That was how beautiful she was. Always.

"It's in the laundry room. I'll get it for you." She spoke, turning off the tap and drying her hands onto the tea towel resting over the handle of the oven. She turned around towards the hall but I stopped her.

"I'll get it." I said, not wanting her to tire herself out for no reason. She had already cleaned the house today and was now cooking.

"It has to be ironed." She replied simply with a smile my way. For a second I got lost in her grinning face yet again. I would never get used to her appearance. I realised what she had said a few seconds later and scoffed.

"Well then, off you go, housewife." I smirked at her, gesturing with my hand for her to go ahead. She rolled her eyes at me with a shake of her head and walked off, into the hallway and then the laundry room that was filled with extra boxes of belongings we had which we had to move out of the spare room when Beth moved in.