44: Hanifa - Sickness & Patience

Video in the media section is an absolute GEM!

If you don't watch it - you are missing out.

If you do watch it (please do) let me know what you thought.

Sh Shinqitee (video in the media) was one of my favourite of the shayookh to listen to - sadly there has been news going around that he has passed and returned to our Lord yesterday (29/10/19) if this is true - May Allah swt grant him the highest levels of paradise. May His lectures add to his book of deeds till the end of times. Allahumma ameen. 🤲🏼❤️

This reminder was a request. X

- KING'S POV -

"Are you nervous?" A'ishah asked me with a smirk as I parked into Hanifa's driveway, releasing a breath, and yes, it was from nervousness. I knew how much this meant to Ahmad. He had literally been waiting for this girls parents to change their minds for more than two years now. Obviously he wasn't desperate to actually get married, otherwise he would have moved on and found a girl in no time. Many girls in our masjid were interested in him from what I had heard from A'ishah, but he was set on Hanifa.

"You know how much this girl means to Ahmad." I told her and she nodded with a sad smile, saying inshaaAllah tonight things would change.

Evidently, Ahmad had finally decided enough was enough and resorted to making this one last effort before moving on. Tonight everything would be decided.

Without A'ishah's knowledge, I had, on multiple occasions, told Ahmad that maybe Hanifa just didn't feel the same way about him, but he was adamant that she did. According to him, her dad was just a very strict man with multiple medical problems and Hanifa didn't have it in her to upset him.

"Let's not push him too much." A'ishah said. "He has heart problems." She notified and I nodded - Ahmad had warned me about it already.

We got out of the car and walked to the front door. "Is my niqab okay?" She asked, turning around and looking up at me as she played with the fabric around her eyes. I adjusted it for her, pulling it upward around her forehead before adjusting the sides.

"Thank you." She smiled before turning around and pressing the door bell. We heard the sound resonate inside and it didn't take long for Hanifa to pull the door open.

"Assalamu alaykum!" She yelled, jumping towards A'ishah and wrapping her arms around her neck. A'ishah chuckled and hugged her back around her back, responding to her salaam. They pulled apart and A'ishah handed her the cake that we had stopped by and bought on the way here.

"Aw, you shouldn't have! Come, come! Come inside." She smiled, at the both of us, giving me salaam also as I walked in. I responded with a small smile and followed A'ishah to the lounge room where she hugged Hanifa's mum tightly, apologising for not coming over in so so long.

Namely, since we had gotten married.

I greeted Hanifa's dad with a smile and a firm handshake as he asked me how I was. His English was actually quite well, better than A'ishah's dad. He was a typical Somalian Uncle - quite short and had a belly sticking out of his T Shirt with trousers on, a bald head and prescription glasses sitting on his nose.

"Sit, sit." He gestured to both A'ishah and I and we both sat beside each other on the two seater couch as he took his place on a single arm chair. Hanifa and her mother sat across us on the three seater.