35: Date

There's still enough time to complete your six shawwal fasts if you start TODAY! 😭😭😭❤️ please do it for the sake of Allah ‎ and His mercy InshaaAllah! May Allah reward you all!

- KING'S POV -

Putting the car in park, I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I got out and walked to the front door, unlocking it before making my way to the dining table where I put down my lunch pack.

I was wondering whether or not I would catch A'ishah awake, but clearly she had already laid down for her power nap.

Her Ramadan routine was so amazing mashaaAllah. She would sleep at sunrise for 4 hours, waking up at 9am, do ibadah until dhuhr time where she would have a nap then she would stay awake all the way until an hour or two before fajr where she had a power nap for an hour before waking up to make sahoor and then read Quran until sunrise.

How she survived on a maximum of six hours sleep was beyond me. This is what she had trained herself to do during her Ramadan preparation allahumma barik laha.

After having a quick glass of water, I treaded down the hallway, passing the Ramadan decorations that A'ishah had hung up, and walked silently into our bedroom.

A sense of ease surrounded me as I saw A'ishah's familiar body shape wrapped up in the duvet and lying on the bed. I took off my jacket, hanging it behind the door before walking to her side of the bed and kneeling beside her, pulling the duvet up to cover her bare arm.

"You're so beautiful." I said softly, rubbing my hand over her head with a smile. Even in her sleep, her mouth agape, quiet puffs of air escaping her lips and the little drool circle on her pillow, she was gorgeous.

Perfection. There was no other word to describe her. To me, she was perfect in every way possible. MashaaAllah.

Alhamdulillah. 

I leaned forward placing a kiss on her forehead before getting her phone and turning off her alarm.

Seeing as though I had come home early today, I would make sahoor for us.

I walked straight into the kitchen, turning on the light and playing a recitation of Surah Ghashiyah before getting straight into it.

I didn't do much. For one, I didn't know, and two, I was just tired.

I was lucky that A'ishah appreciated the smallest of gifts.

She had almost cried the other day when I came home after the masjid and gave her a small wilted flower I pulled out of the grass on the nature strip in front of our home.

I even told her where I got it from.

Some water, dates, milk and toast with spread. Plenty, alhamdulillah.

I looked at the time on my phone and realised that there was forty minutes until fajr commenced so I went to wake her up.

"A'ishah." I spoke, preparing myself in advance for the solid five minute struggle that was about to ensue - waking up A'ishah.

"Babe." I spoke, rubbing her arm and shaking her by her shoulder. "Its sahoor time." I told her, shaking her more.

"Go. Away." She muttered, annoyed and sounding frustrated to no end as she turned around.

"No." I stated, holding in the laugh that wanted to escape. "You need to wake up, baby. Come on." I mumbled. "A'ishah."

She groaned in annoyance, rolling onto her back and rubbing her hands over her eyes before looking at me and furrowing her eyebrows.