64: Family - The Torment of the Grave

The case of:
SHUKRI ABDI

Shukri Abdi was a sweet, kind, beautiful 12 year old refugee from Somalia who arrived in the UK two years ago, seeking safety and happiness with her family

Shukri Abdi was a sweet, kind, beautiful 12 year old refugee from Somalia who arrived in the UK two years ago, seeking safety and happiness with her family. Exactly one year ago, on the 27th of June, 2019 her lifeless body was pulled out of the River Irwell in Greater Manchester.

Throughout her schooling year in the UK Shukri was bullied and tormented by her classmates from Broad Oak Primary School, until they eventually decided to take their actions further and drowned her to death in the river where she was lured to by these four classmates.

A witness who was fishing at the river testified that four students dragged her by her neck and hijab to the river before a student began holding her under water while laughing. The police dismissed his statement, claiming that he was drunk at the time of the incident although his wife said that he never went fishing drunk.

It is reported that this same group had tried to push Shukri into oncoming traffic only a week before this incident. The school refused to take any action.

Shukri's recovered body had bite marks, bruises, broken bones and blows on the back of her head. Despite this, police claim that Shukri felt hot and went to the river for a swim and drowned. Shukri's mother has said that Shukri did not know how to swim and would never jump into a river to cool down.

Her case must be reopened and investigated.

SHUKRI ABDI was MURDERED.

SHUKRI ABDI'S killers have NOT been arrested.

SHUKRI ABDI'S MURDER was ruled a 'tragic accident'.

#JusticeForShukriAbdi

We ask Allah swt that she protects and grants patience and strength to her family and loved ones

We ask Allah swt that she protects and grants patience and strength to her family and loved ones. We ask Allah swt that He grants our beautiful sister Shukri the highest levels of Jannah. We ask Allah swt that He gives Shukri's murderers what they deserve.
Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.