22: Second - Shirk & Tawheed

This reminder was requested by lekiller__

I ask Allah to forgive me if I have said anything wrong in this chapter. I ask you all to forgive me if I have made a mistake. All good is from Allah and all evil is from shaytaan and myself. Please correct any mistakes. JazakumAllahu khayr. ❤️

- KING'S POV -

"Today's topic will be Tawheed and shirk, inshaaAllah." Spoke the Imam. "This topic, much like salah, is one of the fundamentals of imaan. The core beliefs of a Muslim, which is why I make sure to cover them over and over again. What does Allah say in many verses of the Qur'an? Multiple times Allah tells us that He is One. He is the first, with no beginning. The last, with no ending. He is the All-Mighty, All Powerful, All Seeing, All Hearing, All Knowing. Inna ilaaha kum la wahid. Indeed, your God is One. (37:4) rabbus-samawaati wal ardhi wa maa baynaahuma wa rabbul mashaariq. Lord of the heavens and the earth and that between them and Lord of the sunrises. (37:5) A Surah we all know, Ikhlaas. Let's recite it together." He spoke, making me smile because I knew this Surah. A lot of the times when they would recite or mention surat, I had no clue which part of the Quran it was from or what it meant, but I knew Ikhlaas.

Ahmad had told me that it was recorded in Bukhari that Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri reported, A man heard another man reciting: Say, He is Allah, the One (112:1 *surah Ikhlas*) over and over, so the next morning he came to the Messenger of Allah, ﷺ and told him about it as if he thought it was not enough to recite. The Messenger of Allah ﷺ had said, "By Him in whose Hand is my soul, verily, it [surah Ikhlaas] is equal to a third of the Quran.' Ever since I had heard that, I made sure to recite Surah Ikhlaas three times every morning and night.

"Ready?" He asked, looking around the masjid. "Bismillahirrahmanirrahim. Qul huwAllaahu ahad. Allah hus-samad. Lam yalid wa lam yoolad. Wa lam yakul-lahu kufuwan ahad." All of the men sitting in the masjid recited, the Imam made sure to make them recite it three times and again, I smiled, knowing why he did that.

"Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." He translated.

"So, what does tawheed mean. The term Tawheed means, attributing Oneness to Allah and describing Him as being One and Unique, with no partner in Lordship, Worship or His Names and Attributes. Laa ilaaha ill-Allah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu'l-mulk wa lahu'l-hamd yuhyi wa yumeet wa huwa 'ala kulli shay'in qadeer. There is no God but Allaah alone, with no partner or associate, His is the Dominion and to Him be praise, He gives life and gives death, and He has power over all things. Basically, Laa ilaaha illallah. This is the single most important concept in Islam. The Prophet ﷺ called people to worshipping only Allah and Allah alone for years before salah, siyaam, Hijab, hajj or anything else was revealed. It was just laa ilaha illallah." Ahmad tapped my shoulder and I looked sideways at him seeing him shaking his phone in my face, the screensaver a black screen with laa ilaha illallah written in Arabic in white. I looked at him smiling. He wiggled his eyebrows and put his phone back down as I shook my head, looking back at the Imam.

"The scholars have divided tawheed into three groups. Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah – Oneness of Lordship. This means that there is no deity besides Allah. He is Malik ul Mulk the King of the Dominion. The second group; Tawheed al- Uloohiyyah – Oneness of Worship. This means that we do not worship anyone besides Allah. All worship is due to Him. All thanks and praises are due to Him. All ibadat is done for Him. Him and Him alone. The third is Tawheed al- Asma wa Sifaat – Oneness of His Names and His Attributes. This is the belief that Allah alone possesses these perfect names and divine attributes. We affirm them for Allaah alone, at the level that is befitting the Most High, without Tahreef (perverting them), without Ta'teel (denying their meanings), without Takyeef (seeking specific details like the form or shape of His attributes), and without Tamtheel (likening Allah to His Creation in anyway)." (A/N: this is a very in depth topic, if you are confused, email me at fatimaa0997@gmail.com or better yet, try watching lectures or reading up on informations from reliable sources)