41: Getaway

- KING'S POV - 

After fajr salah, I made my way home. I had four days off before I began working my day shifts alhamdulillah and I had already planned what I would be doing for the next four days.

A'ishah and I would leave home and stay at a getaway house for three nights. She obviously had no idea, but I had decided on her behalf so she didn't really have a choice. I had already booked the accommodation anyway.

A beautiful private cottage with mountain views and it's own private pool and spa for A'ishah to relax and enjoy herself comfortably without anyone seeing.

I don't remember ever talking to her about holidays which was weird seeing as though we had been married for almost half a year now, but I don't assume she had ever been on a getaway like this one before.

I only knew that she and her family went to Afghanistan once to visit her dads side of the family when her grandmother was on her death bed, Allah yarhama, and that was because I was friends with Ayman at the time, before I even knew of A'ishah's existence.

I shut the front door behind me and placed my keys into the bowl, kicking off my shoes and walking to the room. Before I even entered the room, her voice reached my ears, the soft melodious recitation of the Qur'an calming me instantly.

Allahumma barik laha.

I walked in, opening the door slowly but she still flinched, placing a hand over her heart as she took a deep breath once she saw me. "King, you almost scared the life out of me!" She panted, making me chuckle as I walked further into the room. "I always tell you to message me before you come home."

That was true. She did always tell me that.

"I thought you'd be asleep, babe. It's 8 in the morning. You usually don't recite till this time." I reasoned - this was true also.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine." She muttered. "You're right, I guess. I just wasn't expecting the door to open at all so I got a little spooked. That's all."

"I understand." I stated simply. "Do you want to finish reading?"

"Um, yeah. If that's okay I've just got one page left to finish this juzz." She spoke, making me smile and nod at her.

While she finished her Quran reason, I walked into the bathroom down the hall and had a quick wash down before making my way back into the bedroom with my new clothes.

She looked at me funnily, tilting her head to the side from her position in the bed. "Why haven't you worn your pyjamas?" She asked me, seeing my jean clad bottom and black T Shirt.

"Well, baby," I spoke slowly, making my way to her side of the bed and sitting on the corner of it. I reached for her hands and she placed them in mine, making me smile.  She was looking up at me curiously, her shoulders slightly slumped. "It's because we aren't sleeping. We have to go on a road trip." I told her.

She widened her eyes in shock, still looking at me in confusion and curiosity. "What are you talking about? You have to sleep!" She muttered.

"It's not that far, love. An hour and a half tops. I can sleep when we get there."

"King, don't be silly. You can not drive in this state." She chastised, narrowing her eyes slightly. I asked her if she preferred to drive sarcastically. "Do you have a death wish?" She scoffed, making me smile at her.

"Come on. Pack a bag for three nights. Just you and me." I winked, making her blush profusely. She slapped my shoulder and mumbled a quick 'astaghfirullah' under her breath even though I hadn't said anything explicit.