43: Well

Assalamu alaykum ❤️

- KING'S POV -

"Sweetheart!?" I called loudly as I walked out of the wardrobe and into the bedroom, a towel wrapped around my waist. "A'ishah!" I called again when I got no response.

"Yes?" She asked quickly, coming into the room and widening her eyes at me before turning around quickly, her hand covering her eyes. "I am so sorry. I forgot to knock!" She said quickly, no doubt red spreading over her cheeks the way I loved.

I laughed loudly and shook my head. "You're acting as if you've never seen more than this." I said, using a small towel to rub my hair and dry the excess water.

"Yeah, but still. I should have knocked. I am sorry."

"Should've, A'ishah." I corrected while rolling my eyes. "I still genuinely don't understand how you still get shy around me, love." I said, walking to her and hugging her from behind, feeling her stiffen before she relaxed into my hold, her hand dropping from her eyes and holding my hand that was resting on her stomach.

She sighed in content and shrugged. "I can not help it. Sorry."

"I love it." I said without pause, meaning it. She knew I meant it.

She chuckled and turned around in my embrace, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me, her head resting on my chest as I kissed the top of her head, her long brown hair in a bun that was now disheveled and swaying behind her neck. She had so much hair, her buns never stayed put on top of her head for longer than five minutes. And her hair was always around the house. In the shower drain, on the bathroom sink, the couch, the bed...

"I love you." She said softly, once again sighing happily, disrupting the thoughts in my head. I smiled and shook my head. After all she does for me, the least I can do is clean up her hair around the house.

"I love you too." I responded.

She stepped away and looked up at me with a raised eyebrow, asking me why I had called her initially which reminded me about the thing I had forgotten.

"I want to wear my navy Nike jumper but I can't find it in the wardrobe." I told her, her eyes lighting up in recognition.

"Oh, that's in the dryer. I'll go get it for you." She said quickly and left the room. I smiled and used the spare minute to change into a pair of boxers and jeans, wearing my socks as well.

"Here you g...are you going out?" She asked me as she glanced down at my jeans as opposed to the tracksuit pants I would normally be wearing at home.

"No," I answered as I took the navy blue jumper from her hands and put it over my head, pulling it down and adjusting it around my waist. "We are going out. Get ready." I smirked at her and she blushed a soft shade of pink, her mouth falling agape slightly.

"We? Where?" She asked.

I smiled. "It's a surprise date. Come on, get ready."

"King." She chastised, narrowing her eyes at me and placing her hands on her hips, thinking she looked intimidating when really she was just the cutest thing ever.

I still still still, to this day, could not, for the death of me, fathom how I was the only man given the blessing of seeing her beautiful face, seeing her amazing body and running my fingers through her soft hair. No one else.

No one.

Alhamdulillah. She was mine as I was hers, not only until death do us part, but beyond that...forever, in Jannah inshaaAllah. Preferably firdaws.