33: Support - Ramadan Preparation

-not edited, if you see any mistakes, lemme know in the comments-

- One Week Later -

"King..." I spoke, breaking the silence in the room, mid way through highlighting a paragraph in a new book I had started to take notes from. It was called The Sealed Nectar, a biography of the Prophet's ﷺ life.

It was a rather difficult book for someone who didn't have knowledge and perhaps it would be better off to read along with a teacher, but as someone who knew quite a bit about the Prophet ﷺ and his life, it was fairly comprehendible for me.

"Yes, babe?" He answered me absent mindedly still focusing on his phone screen before pausing the lecture he was watching and glancing up at me as I turned around on the swivel chair at the desk to face him.

"Have you ever thought about performing hajj?" I asked him, making him smile.

"Of course I have. More times than I can remember. Why?"

I glanced back at the book I was reading before putting my pen on the page I was up-to and shutting it.

"No reason. Just the thought of it makes me feel so amazing. I can't imagine being there." I spoke, walking over and laying beside him, resting my head on his shoulder.

He chuckled, bringing his arm around my shoulders and kissing my head. "You probably would not stop crying." He smiled.

"Oh, I don't doubt that for a second. I will spend every minute crying. But King, imagine being in the very place the Prophet ﷺ was, the actual masjid he prayed in, the streets he walked through..."

"You're crying already, aren't you?" He asked me, bending down to try and look at my face. I slapped his chest softly in response.

"Just tearing up." I mumbled, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.

I heard him chuckle before he threw his phone on the empty space of the mattress beside me, rolling over and resting above me.

I widened my eyes at his sudden movements and he looked down at me before bringing his hand up to my face to wipe my cheeks dry.

"You are the most amazing person. You rejuvenate my imaan just by speaking."

I smiled up at him widely and felt my cheeks heat up. That was probably one of the best compliments I could have received from him.

"Say that again." I grinned up at him. He looked at me as if surprised that I was slyly flirting with him. In my opinion, I wasn't flirting with him per say. I was just asking him to repeat my new favourite compliment.

"You rejuvenate, rectify and increase my imaan simply by speaking to me, A'ishah." He whispered, making me feel all giddy inside. I blushed a deep red, suddenly becoming very much aware of his hands placed on either side of my head as he hovered above me.

I smiled at him and he leaned down, placing a kiss on my forehead before the smile on his face turned to a frown, making me frown also. I was just about to ask him what was wrong when he spoke. "And I do absolutely nothing for your imaan of course."

My frown deepened and I glared at him as best as I could. "Don't think like that. Of course you help me! You make me smile, laugh, you keep me happy, you treat me well...what more can I ask for? Alhamdulillah." I reached up and ran my hand through his hair. He loved it when I did that.