19: Action

- KING'S POV -

My phone was clutched tightly in my hand. I stared down at the name on the screen like I had been doing for the past ten minutes. Deciding on whether or not I was finally going to put my plan into action. It was the most nerve wracking thing to sit here and call Ahmad to tell him I needed to tell him something important.

Important like marriage.

Over the past three weeks, I had been reading and studying marriage in Islam, the bond between husband and wife, the rights of each, the mutual rights, the roles, the respect, love, responsibility, and effort needed in a marriage.

I spent my nights seeking the guidance of Allah. I asked Him every night to take her out of my heart and out of my mind if she was of no benefit to my dunya and akhira.

"Bun it." I muttered to myself, pressing onto his name and hearing the rings resonate as I took my phone to my ear.

"Assalamu alaykum, brother." He answered cheerfully automatically making my nerves settle. Ahmad was probably one of the biggest blessings in my life at the moment. No homo.

"Wa alaykum salam, bro." I answered and he asked me what's up.

"I..." I cleared my throat. "Where are you now?" I asked.

"My sisters shopping for something and I'm with her at Paramatta mall." He answered.

"I'm guessing you don't want me to join you there." I joked, knowing he was with his sister.

He scoffed. "Of course not."

I laughed and shook my head making him chuckle. "After I drop her home I'm going masjid. Meet there?" He asked. 

"Yeah sure. What time?"

"Around two hours inshaaAllah." He said, sounding tired and bored. I wondered how long he was at the mall with his sister for but didn't ask, telling him I'd see him there before hanging up.

||||

"I've been walking around a mall for four hours straight." Ahmad muttered as he exhaled and sat next to me. I laughed giving him salaam and he returned it.

"I guess you gotta do what you gotta do." I told him and he nodded.

"I never once tell her to hurry up when we go out like that, you know. I let her do whatever she wants. I go out everyday while she stays home most of the time. Of course she goes out now and again with her mates, but not like how I leave. So when she asks me if we can go out, I never refuse. Even if I've got plans that day." He told me and I smiled.

Whenever I witnessed the relationship between brothers and sisters in Islam, I longed for that type of relationship. I always would have liked to have a brother or sister, but I used to think it was good that no one else had to live through the struggles I faced. Now, however, I wanted to have that type of relationship.

QadrAllah though. Perhaps there was a wisdom behind me not having a sibling.

"Anyway," Ahmad spoke once he realised I wasn't saying anything. "Go on. I'm listening." He said as he moved to sit across me instead, his elbow resting on his thigh and his chin in his palm.