17: Fundraiser - Modesty

Assalamu alaykum all, before I begin the chapter, I want to write up a request.

I am 99% sure you have all heard about our brothers and sisters in Burma...the topic has sort of started to die down now. Unfortunately that always seems to happen. We hear of something for a few weeks. Everyone is sad, sharing tweets and hashtags, raising awareness, donating etc etc. Alhamdulillah. However, once those three or four weeks die down, it is forgotten and everyone returns to their normal lives.

I have about 100 people who read this story, so even if one of you donate, Allahu alam how it can help.

Thousands of men, women and children suffering and looking for safety, peace, happiness...they need saving, and they put their trust solely in Allah, but wallahi if we, as their brothers and sisters, aren't helping them, then who will?

Muslims are being tortured, killed, beaten, raped, kidnapped, slaughtered in the most inhumane, painful, gut wrenching ways possible and all we do is sit at home and maybe watch a video on it, shed a tear then forget about it until it comes up on the timeline again. Astaghfirullahil adheem. We need to fear Allah. We need to step up. We need to rise and do something to help our brothers and sisters. They need us and we are doing nothing!

Please watch the video in the media section, it is so very short yet still, it causes me immense pain.

I kindly ask you all to check your intentions. Are you really doing all that you can? The answer most likely is no. This goes for me also. We will answer to Allah for failing and abandoning our ummah on the day of Judgement.

LINKS FOR DONATIONS ARE READILY AVAILABLE ONLINE

Please, please donate whatever you can. May Allah reward you all for it. Also, share these links on all your social media platforms and ask people to share them, even if you yourself can't donate, maybe someone who can will come across it and you will also gain reward by this bi idhnillah.

And if you're unable to donate, then I understand. But in that case the weight on your shoulders is that you make du'a for our brothers and sisters every single day, after every salah. Do not forgot about them. Make du'a for them during fajr salah and all the other salat, make du'a for them in sujood, make du'a for them during sa'at al istijabah on fridays, wake up for tahajjud and make du'a for them. Do not abandon them. Do not leave them alone.

- KING'S POV -
- one month later -
King has been Muslim for almost two months

"I need 10,000 dollars transferred into my account tomorrow." I spoke, breaking the silence around the dinner table. Linda stepped up and filled my dads wine glass as he looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"Can I ask what for?" He asked with sarcastic kindness.

"A fundraiser thing." I answered simply as he put his fork in his mouth and chewed his food while looking at Nadia through the corner of his eye.

She was the only one so far who knew I was a Muslim. I hadn't told anyone else yet and I had warned her not to also. Alhamdulillah she was okay with that, and she had kept her promise. She didn't tell my father or any of the maids. I would always carry my thawb in my back pack and put it on elsewhere, locking the door of my room so they didn't see the countless books I now had everywhere along with my notes.