59: Date Night, Part One

I missed doing King's POV 😭

...and I'm sorry for the delay - life has been hectic.

- KING'S POV -

"Chester? You there?" I spoke into my ear piece, holding the speaker button down before letting go of it and bringing my hand back down to join the other in front of me.

I waited while I looked around at the bustling street and heard faint buzzing sounds in my ear.

I was on entrance duty today which I liked, especially during day shift because most people who would go in and out of the entertainment complex were families. The bars were closed and casino's were empty so it was only the restaurants, clothing stores and cinema that was open. I didn't see drunk people and I didn't need to do much.

Of course, naturally, the pay was also less, but I was happier this way.

I loved being able to go home and spend time with A'ishah, Alhamdulillah.

I was in the midst of looking for a good job. Working at an entertainment complex where there was frequent drug and alcohol use as well as gambling was not permitted and so I was sending in my resume to various jobs and had attended two interviews, but nothing had come up yet. QadrAllah.

A'ishah was convinced that I should join my dad's company as a full time CEO role, but I wasn't fond of the idea just yet. I felt like it was way too early.

"I copy, King. What's up?" I heard in my ear piece as I released a breath and took my finger back up to press the button once again.

"Hasn't Lawrence come in yet? I'm supposed to be off in five." I told him, bringing my other wrist up to check the time just to make sure.

"He isn't. He should get here soon though. I'll give him a buzz and get back to you." He spoke, making me roll my eyes. I didn't say anything else as I once again straightened my shoulders and observed the people walking around.

The weather was nice today and so it was more crowded than it usually was.

"Plans tonight, mate?" The other guard standing on the opposite end of the entry door spoke up, not even glancing my way.

I cleared my throat and nodded. "Yeah, with my missus." I told him, glancing his way and seeing him smile.

"Date night, is it?" He asked.

It was indeed date night.

Almost a week ago it was our one year marriage anniversary. Time had completely flown by and I couldn't believe that I had already spent an entire year with the love of my life. She was my greatest blessing and I could only pray that we had many more years to spend together inshaaAllah.

I was happier this past year than I had ever been in my life, all praise was to Allah swt.

A'ishah and I had chosen not to celebrate our one year. We didn't need to. Every day was special for us, but now, a few days later, I had realised that I had yet to take A'ishah out for a special 'date' sort of night since we had been married.

Yes, we went out to restaurants etc now and then, but they weren't dates per say and today, I wanted to really treat A'ishah. To make her feel more special than what I normally tried to do in our day to day lives.

Alhamdulillah I had booked a table at a high-class Islamic restaurant that had cut off sections for niqabis where they would provide a female waitress. I read reviews on the place and everyone was saying that the atmosphere was amazing as well as the food, alhamdulillah.