Chapter 31

One leg in front of another, he stalks towards me, salacious intent oozing from every pore. My breath hitches in my throat as I watch this Adonis stride as if floating on air. His arm stretches out grabbing a fistful of hair with one hand and my chin with the other, raising my face to meet his. 

"Don't you ever disappear on me again, Chloe. I don't care how fucking mad you are at me. You come scream, slap or fucking hit me ... but don't you dare run away from me again," he seethes through his teeth anger peering from his eyes.

With every verbalization he spoke, all I can muster is, "I'd never hit you," it unveils my vulnerability, eyes casting to the floor. A sudden sadness shadows my emotions causing me to shiver.

He liberates me from his grasp only to have his finger lift my chin ever so softly to face him again. "Chloe, look at me ... please." I sluggishly lift my eyes to see his now somber orbs petitioning me for something. 

"I know I said I hope I'm the person you turn to when you're ready to open up but I need you to open up to me Chloe," he searches my watery orbs for anything to acknowledge his plea. 

I mull over the past events in my head but he continues to beseech me, "The past few days has something to do not only with everything that happened but with your past as well. I can see it all over your face. Please Chloe, you can trust me," he almost whines.

Trust? Trust? I don't know if I can, "We need to talk about what happened first," A sudden change in emotion from melancholy to irritation, I fume turning on the balls of my feet, hips swaying back and forth like a pendulum as I slink to the lounge area taking my seat crossing my legs in a salacious manner. 

A little teasing never hurt anybody. 😘😘😘😘😘

I extend my arm to the seat across from me insisting he sit there to guarantee we converse about the weeks events. If he gets next to me, I know I'll falter the moment the heat from his glorious body radiates off of him. 

I cease, watching, for him to plant himself on the seat across from me, "Okay, but after we discuss last weeks events I expect some answers," he demands. I nod my head in agreeance. 

The next words fly out of my mouth with just a hint of anger, "The lipstick ... explain." I cross my arms over my chest in defense mode, biting my lip to capture the dialog attempting to discharge itself to assault him.

"Kitten if you keep biting your lip, we won't be talking ... you'll be screaming." The look in his stormy grey orbs scream he's serious and for a split second ... I want to play. I exonerate my bottom lip, swallowing hard, attempting to focus on our conversation.

He expels a deep breath, "She came in like she did the last time trying to get me to sleep with her thinking that one time meant something. Fuck, do I regret it!" He shakes his head while spewing the words.

"But I promise you Chloe, it didn't mean a thing to me. It was a horrible, horrible mistake on my part. Before her, I never had an encounter with an employee. My life was having a good time, that's it. No more no less." The seat makes a noise when he shifts, his eyes stuck, gauging my reaction. 

"Is that what this is to you? Just a fuck?" I have to ask, to hear him say it. I need to know what he wants, both action and words this way there is no possibility for misinterpretation.   

"No Chloe! Fuck! How could you even think that? If that were the case, I would have told you from the beginning it was a one time thing," his voice raised towards the end causing his eyebrows to furrow, head to move from side to side with narrow eyes as they pierced though me.

"I'm not like these little boys playing games, I'm going to tell you the truth whether you like it or not. That's just how I am and I'll admit I can be kind of an asshole when I do." He smirks a boyish grin at the last part.