Chapter 79

"CHLOE!"

The thunderous roar of Axle's voice from beyond the door shook me to my core. The dominate tone sprouts goosebumps to erupt accompanied with a vast glacial shiver to erupt in my core, remaining mute, unwilling to acknowledge his presence. 

"CHLOE!"

Remaining stationary as my name echo's off the walls in conjunction with the rattling sound of his feet pounding the floor inching closer with every thud. Unsettled and apprehensive, a volcanic heave discharges along side a wretched wail escaping my lips, the putrid bile spewing into the ceramic bowl.

"Oh my god! Chloe?"

Dashing to my side, hands grasps my hair, laying a gentle hand on my back granting the most sweetest caress. How can he be so malicious and barbaric one moment and display such loving actions the next?

"I'll be right back baby." Cynical of his actions, I remain motionless as another heave ejects repulsive regurgitation. The muscles in my stomach begin to ache when Axle reemerges in the doorway handing me a cup of water.

"See if this helps?"

In categorical skepticism, eyes narrow, isn't this the very man who claimed never craving my existence in all eternity? 

Another horrendous heave, the contents of my stomach now foam, empty, there's nothing left to escape.

"Get dressed Chloe, we're slated for the hospital, now."

Reluctant, "No, Axel. I'm unharmed."

"Not another word! Our departure is now." Hoisting me in his formidable arms, I'm encased in blanket of security, even after what has just transpired. He's consistently my sanctuary, my home. Nuzzling into his crevice of his chest, we find our way up the stairs to clothe my body.

Arriving at the hospital, we're escorted right through the ER. My assumption is Axle bribed them for expeditious service.

I'm much too timid to confront him at the moment. I'm apprehensive to dare even gaze into heavenly slate hues at the peril of observing repugnance in his face.

Disrupting the chaos of atrocious scenarios cavorting in my mind, the doctor waltz in offering temporary solace.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Khan. I hear you have been throwing up. What else can you tell me?"

"Just regurgitation ... possibly stress?"

"Have you experienced anything else? Headaches? Dizziness? Blackout? Diarrhea?"

"No, just the abdication of the contents of my stomach."

"Her last heave she liberated nothing but foam."

Both our necks snap towards Axles melodic voice.

"How long has this been going on?" The doctor whirls his head in my direction.

"7 am this morning." I can feel the heat from Axles gaze searing my skin.

"We're going get a urine sample and take some blood for a lab work up to ensure everything is okay. Any chance of pregnancy?"

"No, I'm on birth control."

"We'll run the test anyway just in case. The nurse will be in shortly to draw blood."

Exiting the space, the unbearable silence shatters the unforgiving noise rattling from beyond the curtain.

Time beats at a mind-numbing pace prior to amassing the tenacity to utter a single syllable. With precaution, "Axel? I yearn for the opportunity to disclose former existence in complete transparency."