Chapter 5

Monday morning, the sun is lighting the room and my nerves are igniting with the  anticipation of peering into those hypnotizing light grey eyes. That had to be him on Saturday; there's no way it couldn't be. His eyes, I saw them, it has to be him. That kiss was so passionate it made me hallucinate and thirsting for more. It was so real though, it felt so real to me.

I shake my head to brush off the thoughts of Saturday night. I jump in the shower, pondering about those silvery orbs again. I wash my hair to try and wash out my memories. I wish it were that easy to erase unwanted memories, lather, scrub, gone, nothing but space to make new ones. I shake my head, my lips curling as I giggle knowing how ridiculous I sound.

I decide to style my hair in waves today; I was going to do the wet look but decide against it. I complete my appearance with some lip gloss, eyeliner and mascara. Just a little something to heighten my look.

I chose to go with a white long-sleeve cross over shirt and a navy-blue pencil skirt that has pleats down the front, it lands right on top of my knee. I wear my black strap high heels and take my navy blue purse to match my skirt. I look professional enough for my first day on the job.  One last look in the mirror and I'm out the door.

Traffic was about the same, I got to work in 30 minutes

Traffic was about the same, I got to work in 30 minutes. That leaves me 30 minutes to get upstairs. I park my car in the garage and again my car makes that funny sound when I turn it off. I tell myself to remember to get that checked out. I exit the garage and go to the fancy coffee shop to get my tea.

I walk in the coffee shop, I see the same girl is behind the counter. When it's my turn I introduce myself. "Hi, I'm Chloe. I just got hired upstairs, so you'll be seeing a lot more of me here," I smile as I say it. She nods in acknowledgment and tells me her name is Amanda. We exchange a few words and say our goodbyes as I grab my tea on the go.

I'm waiting for the elevator when from the corner of my eye I see Mr. Cross talking to another man in the lobby. I'm so nervous, I can't even look at him. All I remember are my thoughts from that night. I feel my face flush from embarrassment. This insane pull to him takes over and I turn slightly to look at them. Mr. Cross looks different somehow. I turn completely towards them to get a better look at him. A quick look won't hurt, right?

His beard! It's gone. His face is completely smooth. I start to walk over to him and say, "Excuse me, good morning." They both turn to look at me. I stare at him, those eyes are piercing and intense. 

"I almost didn't recognize you without the beard," I have a giggle. Without even asking, I reach up to touch his face. He looks at me and smiles, "Would you like to see how my face would feel in between your thighs?"

The bell for the elevator rings and I'm brought back to the real world, face flushed, eyes blinking rapidly. What the hell is wrong with me? Why would I think that? I need to stop these fantasies. He is my boss and nothing more.

I get off on the 15th floor and see the perfectly groomed woman again. I walk up to her, "Hi, I'm Chloe. I got hired for the financial adviser position and Have a meeting with Catherine Dubois to fill out my paperwork."