🗡XXXVI. Dethroned🗡

Niklaus Hawthorne POV

We're at the lake again now. Cassius is meeting that little Callahan again. And here I am. Standing far away from them. But I'm listening what they're talking. I know my brother. He's a little bit attracted to that little Callahan. Even if he won't admit. His feelings for her is more than friends.

But the sad truth is I think that she feel the same way for him too. I can almost hear her heart beats so fast the moment she steps closer to my brother. The way she held her smile when he's around. The way her hearts flutter when Cassius speaks. I know all of it. I heard her heart. And that's the saddest thing happened in my life.

But I can't blame her for falling for him. She first meet him. In that boutique. Kung hindi ako lumapit ay hindi niya rin naman ako makikilala. Even though I'm always be the one who's tailing her, she always notice Cassius.

I'm sure vampires are not capable of feeling emotions but I'm scared. I always convinced myself that's why I'm following her is I want a power. Little did I know, I'm tailing her because of this stupid feeling inside that only rise when she's near. When I hear her heartbeat. I'm falling in love with her.

I know I have rights to confront Cassius about it. I fall for her first. He only develop his feelings for her because they're always meeting up. But who am I to blame him for that? He pushed me to talk to her but I always refuse and finds a way to avoid her.

Cassius is free. And I'm not. I'm the Crown Prince. I can't mary her. I'm bound to mary one of my siblings when the time comes. I can't be selfish with her. She deserves better. And that's Cassius.

Ng marinig ko ang mga hikbi niya matapos malaman ang nangayari sa kanyang pinsan. She's dead and I killed her.

That's me, Artemis. I'm a monster. You don't deserve me as I am to you. We don't deserve each other. You're good and I am not.

I saw how Cassius tried to calm her down. His eyes we're on me as I watched them so close to each other.

Little Callahan started crying and the only thing that Cassius can do to calm her down is to hug her.

I hate the feeling. I suddenly hate the view. I hate it.

Cassius tried to calm her and she did. His eyes directed on me again. I look away and close my eyes. I diverted my attention with the sound of the wind crushing through the tree branches and the sound of the ripples on the lake water.

"I'll escort you back to your home", sabi ng aking kapatid kaya tumayo na ako.

I look back at them. I saw her looking at me kaya tinitigan ko rin siya. Mabilis niyang iniwas ang tingin sa akin at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad, trying to catch up with Cassius's steps.

I should be glad, right? Knowing how her breath hitched when our eyes meet. But I can't. I can't be selfish with her.

Ilang sandali ay nakabalik si Cassius sa lake. He walk towards me.

"I'm sorry", panimula niya.

"For what, brother?", I asked playfully. Trying to conceal what truly feel.

"For that hug. I'm just calming her down. It should be you", tinapik niya ang aking balikat.

Umiling ako. "It's not what you think it is. I'm not mad, mate. I'm happy now that you're being true to yourself", I smile and put my forearm on his shoulder. "I know you love her, brother. Take her. That's fine".

"But we both love her, Klaus. And I know you love her more", sabi niya sa akin na nagpapatigil sa akin sa paglalakad.

"Who says I am? I'm not, Cassius. That Little Callahan is nothing to me", at naglakad na ulit ako.