Tabula Rasa

Florian's POV

It's been 3 days.

Nicole's been in a coma for three days.

Her parents arrived the evening after the accident. Kay was discharged yesterday. I have yet to leave the hospital. Michael has tried many times to get me to go home and take a shower and change but I refuse every time. I can't risk her waking up and me not being here.

"Flo man, come on you at least need to get something to eat." Michael said. He sat across from me in a chair. Their parents has run home to sleep for a little while and shower. I, of course, had refused.

"I'm good man. I had that pizza and jello earlier." I said.

"Man that was yesterday. Come on man at least run down to the cafeteria and get some fruit or something." He said.

I sighed. "Fine. I'll be gone 5 minutes. 10 tops."
I stood up and walked down the long corridor. I had memorized the quickest route to get there and back. Avoiding as many nurses and traffic as possible.

I arrived in the cafeteria and saw families sparsely littering the tables. I grabbed a slice of pizza they had sitting on the heating rack, a banana, Apple, and a few waters. I approached the cashier. It was an older woman, around her mid-60s. She always tried to strike up a conversation but I wasn't much of a conversationalist during this time.

"Hey sugar, back again? You need more than this to sustain you." She said as she rang up the items.

"Just enough to stop getting pestered. I'm not that hungry anyway." I answered.

I handed her the money and she gave me my change. I shoved it in my pocket and grabbed up my stuff.

"It'll be alright hun. She'll pull through and you guys will have the happily ever after you've both dreamed of." She said as I walked away. I spun around.

"How'd you know who I was here for?" I asked suspiciously. I'd never told her.

"Honey. 2 hunks came in here raising hell over a car accident victim. Did you think people wouldn't talk?" She said.

"Id rather people talk about how to help her than about how hot me and her brother are." I stated aggravated.

I huffed and walked away. I'd rather that they focuses on her care and not my attractiveness.

I returned to her room and Michael looked at his watch.

"Wow 8 minutes. Must've took the long route." He joked.

I grunted, biting into the pizza. It was cold and hard. Tasted like cardboard. I tossed it to the side, biting into the banana.

I finished the banana and tossed the peel in the trash.

I heard a sorry cough from beside me and looked over at Nic. Her eyes were opening slowly and she was looking around.

"Nic?!" I asked softly moving to her side.

"Hey sis." Michael cooed.

"What am I doing here?" She asked looking at Michael. She looked at my briefly but back to mike.

"You were in a car accident. Drunk driver. You've been out for a few days." He explained. I sat on the bed by her legs.

"No wonder my head hurts so bad." She said.

"I'll go get the doctor." Mike said and ran out the room.

"Hey." I said softly. I reached to stroke her face but she pulled away.

"Uh, hey?" She asked confused. I figured she might still be mad about our last fight.

"I know you might still be mad at me but I'm so sorry. I don't care what you wear as long as you're alive." I said.

She knitted her eyebrows together. "What-" she was cut off by Michael and the doctor coming back.

"Miss Jordan. Nice to see you finally awake. I'm gonna check you over real quick." He stepped forward running outward tests then began to ask her questions.

"Can you tell me what your name is?" He asked.

"Nicole Jordan." She responded.

"How old are you?" He asked again.

"20." She responded. This stopped us all. We looked at her.
"What? No. Nic you're 23." Michael clarifies.

"No. I'm 20. I'm in college going to USC studying psychology. You're my older brother-" she pointed at Mike. "And I'm dating Nick Bosa. Kay is my best friend." She stated.

Then she looked over at me. "Who are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that ladies and gentlemen, is the end of this book.

How are you feeling?

Do you hate me?

What do you think will happen in the next book?

Comment I love hearing from you guys you leaving me crying laughing. Vote and stay tuned for when I post the second book!

Love you 😘❤️❤️❤️❤️