Trust issues

Florian's POV
I sat in my house, pondering over the events of the last few weeks. I had lost Nicole and in some part lost myself as well. I'd stopped taking care of myself. Barely eating. I hadn't shaved but didn't care about the beard growing. I had only been to the gym to let off steam when my sadness turned to anger then to rage. After that it was back to my place. We had been doing minimal filming and were due to wrap in the next week.

But finally two days ago I saw her. She looked beautiful yet destroyed. The usual sparkle in her eye wasn't there. She didn't smile when she saw me. I damn near lost my breathe when she walked into the room. I'd gone to Michael to tell him the god honest truth in hopes that he would help me to at least get her to listen to me. And thankfully he did. I thought she would run back into my arms, forgive me for the "misunderstanding" and things would go back to normal but I was wrong. I didn't have my woman back. I was still as lonely as before but there was a weight off my chest knowing that she knew the whole truth.

I told her I'd do anything to regain her trust and I meant it.

But as I lay here, my hand was itching to just grab my keys and rush over to her place and kiss her until she was overwhelmed by my loved. But instead I settled for a FaceTime, hoping that seeing her face would settle the unease in me.

I waited as it rang and rang I didn't think she'd pick up. But then at the last second it said connecting and then her beautiful face was on screen. Bare face. Just beautiful. Her skin was glowing and her lips were covered with gloss. Her hair was half up half down, pulled away from her face.

"Hey." I spoke softly.

"Hey what's up?" She replied I could see her walking through her place.

"I, uh, I was just checking on you... see how you're doing? What you're up to?" I replied awkwardly.

"Just hanging around the house today. You?" She propped her phone against something and I could see her moving around her kitchen. She went in the fridge and grabbed some strawberries and whipped cream, setting the strawberries in a bowl and covering them in a thick layer of whipped cream. I could see now her outfit. A sweater co ord set.

I licked my lips as she leaned in front of the camera and bit into a strawberry

"I see you're still letting that beard grow out." And joked.

I chucked softly. "Yeah, I guess I should shave it-"

"I like it." She said softly then blushed looking away.

" maybe I'll keep it for a little bit then." I smiled softly. I was so glad to be able to talk to her. The weeks without any communication were hell. She had become such an intricate part of my life and to have her gone suddenly and completely was torture.

"I, uh, gotta go Florian. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay beautiful. I love you." I said not wanting to hide my true feelings.

"Bye Flo." That stung. But I understood. She couldn't trust me with her emotions yet. I'd just have to show her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is short but I'm studying for exams and as soon as they're over I'll be back with some juicy updates. But as always...

Comment! Vote! Let me know how you're feeling about the story so far or if there's something you want to see more of.