In the dumps

Nicole's POV
I woke up the next morning with a headache in Michaels guest room. I groaned seeing the light beaming through, making my eyes sting. I rolled over facing away from the light and pulled the cover back over my head when my phone buzzed on the table beside me repeatedly. I grabbed it and answered without looking.

"Hello?!" I answered clearly annoyed.

"Nic, baby listen." Florian's voice flooded through.

I rolled my eyes. I hung the phone up and turned the sound off placing it back on the table and burying myself back into the sheets to sleep a little longer.

Michaels POV

I was making breakfast for myself and Nic when my phone started buzzing. I instantly picked it up and held it to my ear while scrambling the eggs.

"Hello?" I answered cheerfully.

"Mike, I know you don't wanna talk to me but I need you to listen to me please. I didn't cheat on your sister." He pleaded.

I rolled my eyes. "Sure Florian she told me about the pictures that seems like pretty solid evidence." I retorted walking to my room so I wouldn't wake Nic up talking to this asshole.

"No just. Ugh. It's not true." I could hear him sigh on the other end.

"Sure." I replied sarcastically.

"Just tell me if she's there. I need to see her in person to explain. She won't answer my calls or my texts. Please Michael." He pleaded.

"She's not here." I lied.

I heard him sigh again heavily on the other end.

"If you see her or talk to her please tell her it's not what it seems. I just need to explain it to her."

I sighed but answered. "Sure Florian." Then hung up.

I was furious at him. I trusted him to take care of my little sister. He was like a brother to me and seemed like a stand up guy but I guess I was wrong. Now here I am picking up the pieces of her heart that he broke.

I shoved my phone into my pocket and made my way back into the kitchen. I plated my breakfast and made Nic a plate for when she wakes up.

She cried pretty heavy last night. I heard her after we went to bed. She cried for hours and it broke my heart but I knew she needed sometime alone to feel the hurt. She would come out stronger in the end.

A few hours later I decided it was time for her to get up and eat. She hadn't left the room and I hadn't heard any noise so I figured she was either still sleep or silently crying. I crept towards the door and lightly knocked. I didn't get a response so I waited a few seconds and opened it slowly to find her sleep with the comforter drawn over her head and wrapped tightly around her body.

I crept over and sat on the edge of the bed. I shook her gently.

"Nic." I called softly.

She groaned.

"Nic, come on." I tugged the sheet down from over her face. She glared back at me.

"What?" She asked with an attitude.

I rose my eyebrow at her. "You need to get up. It's almost 3 in the afternoon and you haven't eaten anything. You know you get headaches when you don't eat." I ripped the comforter from the bed letting the cold air hit her body. She grimaced and attempted to bury herself further into the bed but it didn't work.

She groaned heavily and got out the bed and stomped to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

"That a girl!" I cheered sarcastically fixing the sheets on the bed.

I heard the shower start running and made my way to the living room to wait for her to exit.

Nicole's POV

I stood in the shower enjoying the heat against my body. I washed my body thoroughly and then stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body. I knew I would have to borrow some of Michaels clothes so I walked to his room and pulled out a t shirt and sweatpants that I pulled the drawstring tight on. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and walked out to the kitchen where I saw a plate waiting for me with eggs, bacon, and toast. I slid it in the microwave to heat it up.

"So what now?" Michael asked from the living room.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Get over it I guess?" I stated pulling my plate out of the microwave. I walked over to the table and Michael joined me.

"We both know it isn't that easy. You loved him. More than anyone I've seen you with. More than Nick." He reasoned.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah and I got over him so I'll get over Florian too. It'll just take a little longer." I stuffed the eggs in my mouth along with a piece of bacon. I shoveled it in fast, chugging my juice down before hopping up from the table.

"Well! Thanks for being here for me bro but I'll be okay I'm going home now!" I rushed to grab my keys from the table by the door and slipped my shoes on quickly.

"Nic-" Michael called.

"Bye! Love you!" I threw back as I rushed out to my car.

I got in and sighed. I didn't want to have that conversation. I didn't want to have any conversation that pertained to Florian.

I wanted to avoid the hurt and the pain and the betrayal for as long as possible.

I drove home in a daze and found myself part at my place putting the keys in the door. I saw flowers on the floor by the door and kicked them out of the way before opening it and stepping inside.

I sat my things down by the door and stripped out of Michaels clothes before I pulled on an oversized t shirt and some panties.

I began to clean to get my mind off him.

I spent hours cleaning the kitchen, stove, microwave, dusting the living room and cleaning up my room.

By the time I was finished it was dark out and my stomach was growling. I sighed, not in the mood to cook and grabbed the Chinese take out menu. I called in my order within 30 minutes it was delivered and I was curled up on the couch watching Birdbox.